[TIP] HOW-TO import a file like Spiderman 1,2,3 with the IMDb scraper
Thumbs Up 
I used Sapphire with AppleTV during IMDB import i can manual select multiply possibilities of movienames.

Now with XBMC it imports without a user choice, and files like
Spiderman 1
Spiderman 2
Spiderman 3

imported wrong, it imports Spiderman 3 as Spiderman!

same with Starwars 1-6
here is Starwars 4 imported as Starwars 1

i would understand if none or all imported wrong but why, and how can i fix this after import?

Is there a way to import IMDB AKA Names or leave the names like my Filename?

i would prefer for some films German titles, with Sapphire is it possible to change the name with .xml files during import from IMDB.

Also for english user are now some titles not in English from Films from Asia or Russia (Blockbuster) so the default wanted language is a needed setting.
In order to keep your filenames you will have to use <moviename>.nfo with the link to the given imdb entry.
See Import - Export Library (Movies) as its part of our Online Manual.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
we have both russian (KinoPoisk) and "asian" (asiandb) scrapers to handle those movies
I've had success with putting the film's year in the filename, like this:

'Spiderman (2002).m4v'
'Spiderman 2 (2004).m4v'
'Spiderman 3 (2007).m4v'
For titles I have problem with, I just go to imdb and pull the right page. Then copy the name including the date and rename the file. Rescan + Clean. Maybe not the easiest way but bullet proof.
Motok Wrote:For titles I have problem with, I just go to imdb and pull the right page. Then copy the name including the date and rename the file. Rescan + Clean. Maybe not the easiest way but bullet proof.

Except when it's a common title like "Love" and it has three releases a year. i am trying out Love (2004 II) to see if it works. On IMDB they list it with a slash so 2004/II which obviously you can't use.
I agree with vdrfan,
Go to IMDB, find the title, copy the web address, save it as an nfo file with the same name as the movie......works like a charm for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TIP] HOW-TO import a file like Spiderman 1,2,3 with the IMDb scraper0