WOW! is this the killer Hardware for XBMC
cheers CyberMaxX, i needed something to help me go to sleep Big Grin
harryzimm Wrote:cheers CyberMaxX, i needed something to help me go to sleep Big Grin

LOL yea I almost feel asleep my self responding Eek

I just find it hard when folks respond to something and state - I don't see how this is better then that with out reallying doing any research or for that matter backing up their statements.

Sure, the ASuS costs a bit more and it should, since it does have a few more bells to it that would... well, add to the cost - Yes?.
A bit more research and one could easily have seen that.

Cheers
CyberMaxX

See I even save you folks from having to purchase a Sleep Aid. Big Grin
[offtopic]
Quote:I just find it hard when folks respond to something and state - I don't see how this is better then that with out reallying doing any research or for that matter backing up their statements.
Quote:I see you dropped the "You got me their" replies for the 2.1Ghz and Blue-Ray responses. .....
These remarks are arrogant and are intendid to be insulting. It's as if people with an other opinion based on whatever research (done to the best of their knowledge) should put on their place.

Ok, you win. I still have some doubts concerning points you have stated but I don't see any point to nor do I have the mood continu. You've taught me a lesson, I'll not post my opinion anymore.[/offtopic]
podiboq Wrote:[offtopic]

These remarks are arrogant and are intendid to be insulting. It's as if people with an other opinion based on whatever research (done to the best of their knowledge) should put on their place.

Ok, you win. I still have some doubts concerning points you have stated but I don't see any point to nor do I have the mood continu. You've taught me a lesson, I'll not post my opinion anymore.[/offtopic]

Sorry if you took it that way and my appologies, but this is an off topic public forum. Probably be a good idea to at least be a bit prepared to backup statements with details when responded to. Figure, If your going to partake in a discussion with an opinion then one should be prepared to discuss that opinion openly and rebute counterpoints not just drop them from the discussion, yes?

So, what are your doubts?

Honestly, I'm looking for a good ATOM / ION based system to replace my aging HTPC in a few months myself. So, I don't know, maybe I missed something in my comparison of the 2 myself. Can't say that I'll even go with the ASUSTek myself at this time since there are no price points yet. I saw some where that it won't be available until Windows 7 goes public... in a few weeks I guess. For all I know it might be priced to high for the features that it does add.

I saw that the AsRock came with a Blue-Ray drive myself, and at first, I thought it would be a nice added feature for a new HTPC system. But, after looking at the AsRock a bit closer, to me I would only find the value of such for RIPing Blue-Ray discs to ones media library, it's of no true value for playing Blue-Ray Discs since the hardware that it's built into doesn't support High Definition bitstreaming Audio so one would lose a big selling point of which Blue-Ray is all about.

Cheers
CyberMaxX
b01 Wrote:I'll wait for a nVidia ION PC that is close to the reference specs. It will run CoD4 and run at 220 Wat, or something like that. And is smaller than a Mac mini.

Yea, I think I'll wait til later this year.

The ION PC lack of software decode ablity,the hardware decode on that may not meet your need on COD4, and it does not support H264、VC-1,MPEG2,and XVID, the real ablity that ION PC can reach is still a mist.Oo
Btw , i have just checked , For the Lucida TV HTTP://WWW.LUCIDA.TV, they have XBMC load into their system now, it s only $399 now, actualy ,perty cool stuff.
Call me foolish...but it is being shipped as we speak...so far so good. Once received, let you know. no ETA shipping to europe/ams.
actually they do not mention anything about the noise factor and how the cooling is done...
terminalx Wrote:Call me foolish...but it is being shipped as we speak...so far so good. Once received, let you know. no ETA shipping to europe/ams.

How s your machine so far, have you recived ? Nerd
it was shipped with DHL 19 Oct. They gave me a track&trace nr. It is currently in transit on its way to NL.

I am only worried about the NL customs...will post one it arrives...
terminalx Wrote:it was shipped with DHL 19 Oct. They gave me a track&trace nr. It is currently in transit on its way to NL.

I am only worried about the NL customs...will post one it arrives...

Good luck on that, i guess if you order as sample it wont charge you duty right ? Eek
yep. the "sample" cleared customs in NL. I am waiting for delivery tomorrow. No mention of duties in track&trace...would be a big bummer.
For such a compact box form China's unknown manufacturer just be suspicious and don't let it reaching Internet till you get good evidence of what UR running on it...Wink
I want a LUCIDA II!! If this is legit I am going to order one as well. I was going to build one but this would be much easier. The popcorn hour just lacks what I want to do.
I there!

First time posting (i register today).

@terminalx,
So! How is the Lucida going? Has it arrived?

PS: sorry for my english.

I am from Portugal.

Nice forum, I have learned allot so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WOW! is this the killer Hardware for XBMC0