WOW! is this the killer Hardware for XBMC
Hi
do you have any news how LUCIDA does it work now?
Has anyone ordered it an can write a small review about LUCIDA.
thanks in adwance
regards.
With these cheap ion boxes coming out, no way Id risk getting scammed for this.
Sorry guys,
I missed the courier 3 times but tomorrow it gets drop of at my office (but it basically just to 4 days from sending of from China). (did have to pay eur 75 custom fees). will followup.
terminalx Wrote:Sorry guys,
I missed the courier 3 times but tomorrow it gets drop of at my office (but it basically just to 4 days from sending of from China). (did have to pay eur 75 custom fees). will followup.

any news?
terminalx Wrote:Sorry guys,

Lets hope its not only a nice design Black metal.Huh
Ok. got it. As mentioned earlier, delivery was very prompt and good just a couple of days after the payment settled with their Bank. I must say it was a very pleasant surprise. Unit is exactly as advertised and is build very solid housed in a metal case. It is really whisper quite, it has a fan but barely audible really good. There is also barely any HD noise (to be expected). It gets a bit hot but that is expected as it needs to get rid of its heat somehow. I have not yet opened the thing up will do one day but not quickly.

It comes with xunbuntu with a May 09 install of xbmc + remote. You can only control the box and xbmc with the remote. No buttons (not even for power and eject). Of course you can attach a wireless mouse and keyboard and it works.

What did I do?
: wipe it

Currently I am doing a minimal unbuntu install getting xbmc SVN builds installed. For me its great fun, since I am not a linux guy, and slowly (struggling) through the process but learning. So for now I use ssh to get into the box via my Powerbook ect ect whilst enjoying the Linux command line.

Once I get this new setup up and running it should provide for snappy and perfect response which I was missing with the original install of xbmc on the box (and that was a bit disappointing).

In short the box is great does not feel or look cheap but of course a bit (or much to) expensive. But given that it will keep me happy for many years to come and gives me a nice project to jump in the linux world, no disappointments here.

I am not retiring my good’ol’xbox yet but one day this little box will make it to the living room.
How about some pics of the unit....

I am really considering one of these units now...

Where abouts do you live buddy, that you got it in 4 days... My Xboxs are dropping like flies... Sad
Yes please post more info as I would rather buy this than build my own HTPC.
Very cool. Have you tried full screen web video (netflix / hulu) with Boxee?
So, terminalx, are you saying that the installed xunbuntu and XBMC combo did not work, and that you are reinstalling both?

Does this company have any SUPPORT? Their website doesn't show it.

Half the WORLD is waiting for the details on this apparently SINGLE instance of this product!
I live in amsterdam. As said the company was prompt and delivered via DHL in which took for to 5 days with a trackingnr. The hardware is as per their spec page no surprises.

The installed xunbuntu and XBMCA loaded out of the box and I connected it via HDMI to my TV. It did not get sound over HDMI but that is a matter of installing the right stuff. Indeed xbmc was sluggish in responding when flipping through the various menu's , but since I have no experience with Linux only xbox (which is very fast) it is difficult to say why this was the case and I believe it has to do with the (xbmc) build and or Linux install. So I wiped the box, and will install a bleeding edge xbmc the next couple of days (but you should already know that with this hardware the machine must fly with xbmc)

There is no support as far as I know but given the way they responded If something breaks I am confident they would take care of it (but yes its a risk ....but then again, we all know that if a computer survives the first couple of weeks, pretty sure not much will die on you soon)

You have to bear with me a couple of days more as I have not yet installed xbmc. I have reinstalled unbuntu 3 times fighting with ssh , builing drivers and other “noob issues”. I could take the short cut and install xbmcLive but doing it the “hard way” is part of the fun for me. I should have it up and running shortly.

I will put the box next to my xbox tonight and post a picture of it.
Looking forward to see the pic
I was trying to order one for myself this morning , and i got this http://lucidatech.blog.com/ when i was asking for some detail photo or information, their staff gave me this ,what the heck , i m gona try it , so i made my order and papal this afternoon. Laugh
This is a really bizarre product. Has been around a long time, NO ONE seems to have one except this guy, and now a mysterious blog shows up...
ps3killer Wrote:I was trying to order one for myself this morning , and i got this http://lucidatech.blog.com/ when i was asking for some detail photo or information, their staff gave me this ,what the heck , i m gona try it , so i made my order and papal this afternoon. Laugh

Hope UR kidding. You've made an order after seeing this page??ShockedShockedShocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WOW! is this the killer Hardware for XBMC0