[APPLE TV] New install - couple of questions!
Hi guys

First off - much kudos to everyone involved for such an amazing app. I used to use XBMP and then XBMC on a modded XBox, which then got replaced as I got into HD stuff.

I've just installed XBMC onto my Apple TV - an amazingly painless experience - and have a few questions.

I've got my XBMC pointing at an SMB share on my HTPC which has a huge bunch of ISOs and VIDEO_TS folders containing my purchased DVDs which have been ripped. (This folder is also used for MyMovies in Vista Media Center that runs on my HTPC. I know it is Microsoft - but I haven't found an Apple computer that effectively runs Blu-ray, Live TV, has an EPG etc. as well as Vista Media Center. I tried Elgato EyeTV 3 and really wanted it to work - but ended up building a PC)

I've let XBMC automatically scan my library on startup - and it has got MOST movies pretty much dead on. However there are a few where it has got the title wrong (mainly where there are multiple movies of the same name on IMDB)

I didn't ever use the library functionality when I previously used XBMC so :

What is the best way of editing incorrect library information - either selecting a different IMDB entry, or manually starting from scratch.

Editing this from the Apple TV remote is going to be painful.

I've set-up the webserver in the Apple TV XBMC and can browse to it from my Mac, but it doesn't seem to obviously allow me to use it to edit my library. Is this possible?

If not - is it possible to add a USB keyboard/mouse to an Apple TV/XBMC install? Or a Dlink Bluetooth dongle and an Appple Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse? (I'm prepared to SSH into my Apple TV if I need to)

Advice gratefully received - and apologies if these questions have already been answered elsewhere in the thread. I did have a search before posting and couldn't see similar questions asked elsewhere.
As far as I know its manual IMDB entries, but if theres a better way I'd love to know too.
in library mode, select the the movie and go to context menu. select the option to change movie title. then go to movie information and select update (or is it refresh?). in my experience this will rescrape and sometimes prompt you to input the movie name again. if theres multiple listings, it will let you select which one you want.

usb devices work. i am not sure if usb is enabled by the patchstick you used if you got it from here. keyboard / mouse works in xbmc menus and you can also use a usb hub. plug one in and see if it works.

otherwise, to enable usb, i used nitotv and smart installer:
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/NitoTV_Take_2

You will need 10.4.9 combo update copied to ~/Documents on the AppleTV before you run the smart installer:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/m...intel.html

if this is done correctly you can also mount usb drives and also install EyeTV.
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/EyeTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] New install - couple of questions!0