• 6(current)
Problem with XBMC after installed ATI driver version: 8.542 (catalyst 8.10)
soder Wrote:...

run this on your htpc, NOT via Putty and ssh:

OMG !! .... that should u say earlier ... lol .... but the main thing is that it now works .... good made !
bexbier Wrote:OMG !! .... that should u say earlier ... lol .... but the main thing is that it now works .... good made !

Now my problem with the xbmc and the strange screen in fullscreen remains. =)

Now: This is my xorg.conf. Whan shall I add thats good for me. All I shall do graphical on the computer is to run XBMC
What solves the bad screen in XBMC, and what are good for general use?

Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "aticonfig Layout"
        Screen      0  "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "glx"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
        Option      "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
        Option      "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
        Option      "DPMS" "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
        Driver      "fglrx"
        BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"
        Device     "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
        Monitor    "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

EDIT: Look what I've learned. =) CODE =)
/Söder
Soder,
glad you're solved your problem Smile

bexbier et al:
I believe you can use remote ssh session as well, but in that case you have to prepend your commands with DISPLAY=:0 to specify Xorg display location, like that:
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 aticonfig --query-dispattrib=tmds2i
kowalski Wrote:Söder,
"Do you think that the option will work by it self, or does it work TOGETHER with the script?"
In my case it worked fine by itself without the script. I also tried that script when it was mentioned here (just of curiosity) and all I've got is just teh black screen.
But if this option doesn't work for you at all (you're sure that you have amdpcsdb with DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan parameter set to V0) then try to modify .xinitrc as I said before.

By the way: do you have any solution to "fullscreen garbage problem"?

THANK YOU!!!

/Söder
Soder,
please check this thread (but don't forget to back up your config Smile)
kowalski Wrote:Soder,
please check this thread (but don't forget to back up your config Smile)

Yes, I have that tab up. =)

But, is it only to edit in xorg.conf to make it work?

/Söder
Im now trying to install the newest driver 8.11 and following the updated guide http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_...tion_Guide

"Some people find that changes to xorg.conf don't get used by the driver. To force the ati driver to adopt changes made to xorg.conf, type the following command:

sudo aticonfig --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf --tls=1
"

/Söder
Let us know how it goes Soder. I finally got my setup working again with Hardy and I am going to leave it alone for now.
indy5 Wrote:Let us know how it goes Soder. I finally got my setup working again with Hardy and I am going to leave it alone for now.

Maybe I should have done the same! =)

Now have I done as I use to on Ubuntu 8.04. When I installed 8.10 I finaly managed to get a screen and even without underscan. Sometime during my last upgrade, I could always do a aticonfig --initial -f and everything went back to normal, but cant do that now it seems...

Black screen...

working on it.

What is the opposit to "sudo aticonfig --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf --tls=1" ?

Maybe thats whats wrong, or can it be, that its a resolution my TV cant display?

/Söder

/Söder
soder,

I found that the dpkm method didn't work for 8.11. You can always install using the .run in terminal.

Kryspy
Kryspy Wrote:soder,

I found that the dpkm method didn't work for 8.11. You can always install using the .run in terminal.

Kryspy

But I think everything went OK for my installation, until I rebooted?
What do you mean I should do??

As it is now, I think that "sudo aticonfig --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf --tls=1
" did something like delete the function of amdpcsdb, and I now dont have any picture.
OR, maybe that I now have a resultion my TV dont display...

SO, how do I go back to before "sudo aticonfig --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf --tls=1
"
and then force 1280x720 to start on my TV?

/Söder
Kryspy Wrote:soder,

Kryspy

Hi! I read here, http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...816&page=5
that it may not work with Ubuntu 8.10 and soo on, and I cant get it to work.

Now I wanna get back to the 8.11 BETA (the one thats standad for Ubuntu 8.10)
Is that possible? And can I then use the same xorg.cong and amdpcsdb as I could before? That one started my screen in 1280x720, even if I manualy set the res to 1080p and then rebooted. That was good, because that what I use...

Now I think, theres another resoltion my screen cant display...so a reset to the standard drivers (8.543) would be good...

EDIT: I have now plugged in my vga screen and managed to get the standard drivers back, and now re-edited my xorg.conf and amdpcsdb and now trying to boot up with my plasma. It works, but for some reason I got my underscan back. Will try to fix it....

EDIT2: Solved. Was my amdpcsdb that wasnt the one I wanted it to be..
Also installed final XBMC, now using the 8.543 drivers, and still the fucked up screen in xbmc.

/Söder
I have now totaly reinstalled the ati-settings.
Uninstalled and redownloaded and reinstalled.
Aticonfig --initial -force
and the xorg.conf reset thing...

Still my xbmc is in 40 % and my xorg about the same, when idle.

Now I havent put all the "vertical" and so in some file, men it didnt work last time.

And I still got the thing with a fucked up sceen in xbmc.
Have to run "sudu xbmc" to have normal picture....

/Söder
Why struggle. It runs like glass on Ubuntu 8.04. Just reinstall 8.04 and avoid the anguish.

Ubuntu 8.04 + ATI 8.9 installed via the dpkm package method works nice and smooth here.

Kryspy
Sure. Maybe thats the way to do it for me. But is it possible to install to 8.04 without to much work?

And, shouldnt soon be fixed. I mean, I still had high cpu on 8.04, and still have it. Now its the screen thats fucked up, but shouldnt they make it work on 8.10 to, and ATI fix a way to use the new drivers on 8.10 also?

BTW, what is the "dpkm package method" ?
/Söder
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with XBMC after installed ATI driver version: 8.542 (catalyst 8.10)0