[Apple TV] Logitech Harmony Remote support with XBMC for AppleTV?
Just adding final results to this thread in case people come across it in a search:

Make sure you have the following versions (or higher):
Launcher v3.0
XBMC Babylon
AppleTV v2.3

Set your Harmony to any remote. This could be an old one you have around the house, or look up a popular DVD player online and plug that in. After learning this new remote through AppleTV's setup, it all works out of the box with no further tweaking. Don't even have to SSH into your AppleTV.

Thanks a ton MaestroDD for your work on this.
I've read through the whole thread, and basically every thread I could find about the aTV and Harmony and I'm still quite confused.

What I've done:

Install XBMC using Launcher 3.2.5
Programmed the Harmony using:
Media Centre PC -> Apple -> Apple TV

This has been working but there are a few things I'm unsure how to change.

* I'd like to map the "hold menu" to the Guide button for the context menu.
* I'd like to map menu (which goes back) to Prev button on Harmony
* I'd like a way to show "Info" while watching a video or in a menu; currently holding Play shows info in a menu, and the OSD during a video. This button to be mapped to Info on the Harmony.
* Map OSD to Menu button.

Basically, replicate what was working well with my old XBOX running XBMC.

Is there a easy way to do all this?

I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm quite confused Sad
Tim
darklordjames3 Wrote:So has anyone had any success with using Universal Mode to get ATV XBMC working much more like Xbox XBMC? I am in the same boat as Tim, an Xbox XBMC user extremely frustrated by the 6-button interface of ATV XBMC.

Hi,

Exactly like me. I was an older user of XBMC on xbox... and was waiting for new generation like PS3 to do the same with FullHD
After waiting and waiting, I gave a try to a mac mini and a ATV
But I am also frustrating by Apple Remote as I cannot have same features like my xbox remote. I own 2 Logitech Harmony 555.
I expect with ATV2 and its price that many dev will find out a solution.
thebookfreak58 Wrote:I've read through the whole thread, and basically every thread I could find about the aTV and Harmony and I'm still quite confused.

What I've done:

Install XBMC using Launcher 3.2.5
Programmed the Harmony using:
Media Centre PC -> Apple -> Apple TV

This has been working but there are a few things I'm unsure how to change.

* I'd like to map the "hold menu" to the Guide button for the context menu.
* I'd like a way to show "Info" while watching a video or in a menu; currently holding Play shows info in a menu, and the OSD during a video. This button to be mapped to Info on the Harmony.

Basically, replicate what was working well with my old XBOX running XBMC.

Is there a easy way to do all this?

I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm quite confused Sad
Tim

Did you ever figure out how to do any of this? I too would like to have the OSD while watching video...especially for turning subtitles on and off. Having to grab the apple remote kind of defeats the purpose of a Harmony.
This isn't the reply you want, but I ended up installing Crystalbuntu (Linux) on the aTV and using the event-client to get the Harmony working with Plex mappings...
thebookfreak58 Wrote:* I'd like to map the "hold menu" to the Guide button for the context menu.

On my Harmony, the Menu button is set to Apple TV > Menu and when I press and hold in a list, I get the context menu. If I just press menu during playback, it exits the playback, when in a list or anything else, it goes to the previous screen.

Info button is not mapped to anything

To get info on a title, I press and hold the OK button, which is mapped to Apple TV > Select, in a list when I press and hold during playback, I get the OSD

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Logitech Harmony Remote support with XBMC for AppleTV?0