[Apple TV] How to get XBMC to see USB drive on Airport Extreme
I thought I could use Windows sharing to get XBMC on ATV to see the USB Drive hanging off of my Airport Extreme. However, no luck getting it to show up. Anyone had any luck making this configuration to work? Will this work?
Probably you should enable samba on appleTV.
Xbmc doesn't support bonjour and afp.
dongioia Wrote:Probably you should enable samba on appleTV.
Xbmc doesn't support bonjour and afp.

That would be enabling samba (smb) on the Airport Extreme. XBMC already has an smb client built in so you don't need to enable samba on the AppleTV.
I was able to connect by adding the following source in XBMC:

smb://10.0.1.1/Colossus/Video/

Which is the ip address of my Airport Extreme router, then the name of the hard drive connected to it, then the video directory.
davilla Wrote:That would be enabling samba (smb) on the Airport Extreme. XBMC already has an smb client built in so you don't need to enable samba on the AppleTV.

My mistake. I meant to write "airport extreme", not AppleTv
I made this .pdf file to show anyone thats having trouble how to setup SMB with-in XBMC to work with AirPort Extreme w/usb hardrive hooked up. Hope it helps. I have ALL the steps with photos also. Enjoy!

http://public.me.com/jeparkinson

Download File is..... ATV SMB XBMC 2.pdf

Works only with-in XBMC and does not need AFP/SMB working from Main Apple TV Menu. (SMB is built in XBMC)
jeparkinson Wrote:I made this .pdf file to show anyone thats having trouble how to setup SMB with-in XBMC to work with AirPort Extreme w/usb hardrive hooked up. Hope it helps. I have ALL the steps with photos also. Enjoy!

http://public.me.com/jeparkinson

Download File is..... ATV SMB XBMC 2.pdf

Works only with-in XBMC and does not need AFP/SMB working from Main Apple TV Menu. (SMB is built in XBMC)

The link to your .PDF does not seem to work?

Cheres

Blade
BladeRnR Wrote:The link to your .PDF does not seem to work?

Hm, thread is ~1 year old. You might want to create a new thread with specific questions. XBMC does support zeroconf/bonjour discovery now, so the samba share should be found once samba sharing is enabled on the Airport Extreme.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] How to get XBMC to see USB drive on Airport Extreme0