Poll: Do you use the Widecase View?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
31.03%
No
55.17%
Yes, but I'd rather see something new
13.79%
Total
58 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

HORIZONZ: Widecase Poll
I use posters with Aeon but i like wide icons, it's not possible to create a view like this for example :
Thanks for all
Why would you remove something based on what 19 votes? Wide view isnt "yesterday", or "out". I mean take a look at thetvdb.com what do you see?

Please keep it or make an option, there isnt any reason to remove it.
i agree. i have used wide icon view from the start. i even use it as the main view for sources and scripts in some skins. no reason to remove the only wide icon view. if anything it needs improving ie wide roller view (like music) and adding to apps and scripts
eg:-

rudeboyx Wrote:i agree. i have used wide icon view from the start. i even use it as the main view for sources and scripts in some skins. no reason to remove the only wide icon view. if anything it needs improving ie wide roller view (like music) and adding to apps and scripts

Yes, I like the wide list view. The lack of a good wide icon view has kept me from using the skin....
i use wide icons for my games .. it took a long time to set them up , i have alot of games .. other than that i never use them for TV .. just my input.
How about poster view? Does anyone use that? It's similar to showcase, but not quite as nice..

Personally I don't use wide view anymore.. I was a little upset to see it taken out originally, but since I switched to posters, I prefer them over the wide..

If it were me, I'd try and come up with a nicer wide view mode, since that's a big reason a number of people don't use Aeon..
I would love to have a option to use the widecase view in the games and arcade section. In the tvshow section this view isn't the prettiest, i agree.

Too bad the scrapers give you the wide banners. So you have to replace them with posters...

But i wouldn't mind if we get a fantastic new view type instead of the widecase view Wink So it's a yes and a no!
R111 Wrote:im still using wideicon for my categories. then its showcase for the rest.
if you need the wide xml let me know..

I personally love the Wide Icons. It distinguishes the TV Shows from the Movies.

Also, there are plenty of TV Shows or Types that are very obscure and i find it
WAAAAYYY easier to make a custom banner that looks great rather than a
custom poster.

Can you post your XML for the Quad view please. It's very nice.

Thanks!
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
rudeboyx Wrote:eg:-

Wow! Great views!

Are you planning on posting the XML for the general public to use?

* Pr.Sinister would love to have them!
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Thanks for all the feedback. Obviously, I'll give every idea some thought. The Widecase view seems more popular than I thought, but lots of people have adapted to Aeon. Guess that leaves me with a decision. Either I'll make it more effiecent with more variety, OR I'll demolish it and do something new. I'm swaying in the direction of Option 1 right now. Seems beneficial to keep everybody happy, so as soon as I get back to modification, I'll put some work into it!

It would much appreciated if any ideas or old copies of Aeon with Wide Screen views could be PM'd to me in the meantime! Need as much assistance Ideawise. So thanks for all who got involved in this Poll, and rest assured, the voice of the voiceless will be heard!

L8r boys and girls. Horizonz will be back with a vengence!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HORIZONZ: Widecase Poll1