Some questions & problems - New user
Question 
Hi!

First all, i must say that this is a fantastic work! this is my favourite skin for XBMC at the moment. But i have some questions/problems that may be anyone can solve... cos i'm new using XBMC (i've developed Electric Lead skin for MediaPortal a few months ago)

- How can i customize the home screen? i want to have my favourites instead Programs menu...
- How can i create skins for plugins? for example, i've downloaded XBMC-ECP but it has no skin
- Some information windows are a bit hard to read, because the transparency layers, i suggest to use a darker overlay when a popup window dialog or message appears on the screen...

many thanks in advance, kind regards

FidoBoy
Any ideas about this?

regards,
You don't seem like a newbie to coding based on your work for mp so it shouldn't be too hard. you'll just have to take some time looking at the code and the wiki at http://www.xbmc.org.

Basically,

fidoboy Wrote:How can i customize the home screen? i want to have my favourites instead Programs menu...
You'll have to edit Home.xml and the language file of your choice. search for programs and ids and edit the menu accordingly
fidoboy Wrote:How can i create skins for plugins? for example, i've downloaded XBMC-ECP but it has no skin
this is harder and plugin specific. you'll have to exam the plugin images and code to figure that out.

fidoboy Wrote:Some information windows are a bit hard to read, because the transparency layers, i suggest to use a darker overlay when a popup window dialog or message appears on the screen...

screenshots would help us know what you are talking about. is this with the default images?
Star 
Ok, here you have a screenshot of what i want to mean:

as you can notice, the popup dialog is a bit hard to read because the background is too much transparent. Other transparencies are ok, but i think that popup dialogs should have more opacity or they should use another GFX to be more clear and easy to read (may be another background color?)

best regards,
Lightbulb 
Another problems that i've found using the skin.

1) The button here is too much small (the width only) for the text in spanish (and other languages propably) so i suggest you to make it a bit larger. It doesn't destroy the overall look when using english language and that way it's better for users (like me) using other XBMC translations.

2) The menu bar here is too much small for all the menu texts as you can see. So i think that the bext solution is to move the separator (as i've pointed with my red arrow) to make the left zone less wider (there is enough space already for the poster)

3) This button is also a bit small, please make it a bit wider...

4) When you enter on the settings screen the background image disappears and there is a black background. It could be better to keep the same background than in home screen...

That's all for the moment, i hope that you can fix on next release... Other than this is a really nice theme, i love it!!

best regards,

FidoBoy
Yeah, I tried to use it in spanish, but this kind of problem are very common.

Just only expand the width a little bit more in buttons.

About the Info panel in the Movie Section, that's kind of hard to change it, so I suggest to work on the language file and choose shorter words for this section Smile

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some questions & problems - New user0