The huge display issue
Hi - Brand new XBMC user on an Apple TV...

I tried changing my resolution to (I thought) match my TV, but now the image is too big for my screen (right side and bottom cut off) - any idea how to reset the video output? I can only see a portion of the screen, so a "walk thru" on how to get back to an output that allows me to go to next steps would be helpful as well. I can work "blind" and get to a prompt to change the resolutions - see the pics.

Thanks!

Michael
You will need to remote in to the apple tv via ssh.
when logged in as frontrow:frontrow browse to Library/Application Support/xbmc/userdata

I renamed the guisettings.xml to guisettings.xml.old

That fixed it for me.

I ran into the same problem, I wanted to do 1080p which is supported by my tv, but it does not seem to do what is expected. Instead choose the one that says full screen
GrimSage - Thanks for the reply - I went the hard way (not that big a deal, just lost some time) and reset the ATV to factory, and then reinstalled via ATVFlash.

Brute force won out this time...

However...can you describe the ssh process? Can I use Cyberduck to accomplish the same feat as you did?

MEL
Yes cyberduck has an SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) option. That is actually how I found the path, I was to lazy to type it up in terminal Smile

When using Cyberduck the path will be prefixed with /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow

It will take you there when you login (users home directory).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The huge display issue0