Why can't I navigate?
I installed XBMC on my Apple TV, using the patchstick. I think that part worked fine. After the Apple TV reset itself, I navigated to the XBMC item on my Apple TV menu and then selected Update to update the application. (this seemed to work as well)

BUT, when I actually run the application, I end up on the XBMC main menu screen (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/29133065@N05/2876723351/) and I am unable to navigate or do anything using my apple remote.

anyone have any ideas?

thank you!
OticCapsule Wrote:I installed XBMC on my Apple TV, using the patchstick. I think that part worked fine. After the Apple TV reset itself, I navigated to the XBMC item on my Apple TV menu and then selected Update to update the application. (this seemed to work as well)

BUT, when I actually run the application, I end up on the XBMC main menu screen (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/29133065@N05/2876723351/) and I am unable to navigate or do anything using my apple remote.

Did you also update the XBMCLauncher to 0.4?
that fixed it. the interface is great, very crisp. i'm running xbmc on my apple tv and my next hurtle is trying to add the content on my networked Mac to Boxee. i tried going through the "network" navigation item and then to "smb" but I'm getting hung up there. i know my IP address/username and password, but i don't think i know where to put it in the xbmc application. the fields aren't obvious (ie workgroup, default username, etc.)

am i totally in the wrong spot?

any help would be appreciated.
OticCapsule Wrote:that fixed it. the interface is great, very crisp. i'm running xbmc on my apple tv and my next hurtle is trying to add the content on my networked Mac to Boxee. i tried going through the "network" navigation item and then to "smb" but I'm getting hung up there. i know my IP address/username and password, but i don't think i know where to put it in the xbmc application. the fields aren't obvious (ie workgroup, default username, etc.)

workgroup is the name of your smb workgroup
username, well that's your smb username, same for password

to add content, back to main screen, video, add source
i don't recall setting up a workgroup. although i did find something in my system pref, airport, advanced, WINS that somehow allows me to enter workgroup info, but i don't know what to put in:

1) the NetBios field,
2) which workgroup to choose, "mshome" or "workgroup"
3) or what to put in WINS server

sorry for being such a pain in the &^&*!!

i looked through the user manual, but this stuff isn't included (probably b/c it's assumed networking knowledge.)
OticCapsule Wrote:i don't recall setting up a workgroup. although i did find something in my system pref, airport, advanced, WINS that somehow allows me to enter workgroup info, but i don't know what to put in:

1) the NetBios field,
2) which workgroup to choose, "mshome" or "workgroup"
3) or what to put in WINS server

sorry for being such a pain in the &^&*!!

i looked through the user manual, but this stuff isn't included (probably b/c it's assumed networking knowledge.)

leave them as their defaults, username and password is all you really need
thank you. it works great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why can't I navigate?0