XBMC & Girder / DVICO Fusion
Hi Guys,

Am a newbie to XBMC and just installed on XP.

I'm trying to get one of two IR remote I have working with xbmc. One is a Leadtek Winfast 2000XP using Girder (v3). The other one is the remote which came with my DVICO Fusion Dual tuner card. They work for the most part except for:

1) Girder - the arrow keys are sent to XBMC, but XBMC seems to get multiple arrow commands. e.g. when I get Girder to send the DOWN key, XBMC goes down and to the right. Maybe this is a keymappings issue??

2) DVICO Fusion - the letter keys (M, P etc) work fine, but the arrow keys don't get through to XBMC at all.

I'm trying to get either one of these remote solutions to work (prefer Girder), so any help would be appreciated.Smile
I gave up trying to get girder to work instead opted for eventghost which is similar to girder (but free) and VERY easy to set up. I understand that Girder are going to look into XBMC, but as of yet they have no solution.
Yeah I tried eventGhost, but couldn't find a plugin for either of my remotes. So back to square 1.
I've run Keycodes and it reports the same key name (UP ARROW) and code (38) for the up key on the keyboard and also when girder sends it. So is this a xbmc bug mis-interpreting, or is keycodes not showing the whole story?
I am using the DVICO FusionRemote and have the same problem with the remote arrow keys. The arrow keys work fine on the Windows desktop and also in Mediaportal, however, they do not function in the XBMC menus.

I can map all XBMC keyboard shortcut keys to remote keys but the arrow keys can not be changed with the DVICO software.

Has anyone been able to get the DVICO FusionRemote arrow keys to work in XBMCHuh

A link to a photo of the remote: http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/dvic...Remote.jpg
Solution for ( Ultraview / DVICO ) FusionHDTV USB Remotes and possibly more :

It took me 5 mins to realize that when you create a Remote profile in the Windows usb remote app, "Ultraview Remote" in my case, the LEFT RIGHT UP & DOWN most likely refer to the Numpads left, right, up and down.

If you start up XBMC and turn off the numlock you'll find the LEFT RIGHT UP & DOWN don't work only the keys below your Home, End etc... work.

So....

What I did to get around this was to edit the Keymap file C:\Program Files\XBMC\System\Keymap.xml

And I changed this to:

<keyboard>
<p>Play</p>
etc......
etc......
<four>Left</four>
<six>Right</six>
<eight>Up</eight>
<two>Down</two>

Either comment out the
<keyboard>
<p>Play</p>
etc......
etc......
<!-- <four>Number4</four> -->
<!-- <six>Number6</six> -->
<!-- <eight>Number8</eight> -->
<!-- <two>Number2</two> -->

As you can see I've now set that the Left, Right, Up and Down to numbers.

Save and then configure your remote using the Windows usb remote app and either edit an exisiting profile or make your own XBMC profile and set the left,right,up and down buttons on your remote to be 4, 6, 8 and 2 respectively.

The only downside to this is that your numbers for the keyboard would be disabled for 2,4,6 and 8.

The upside is that if you turn off your numlock on the keyboard you can use the up, down, left and right keys as normal.

There's nothing stopping you from using other keys instead of the 4,6,8,2 I used. You could use H,J,U,N as I don't think their mapped to anything in XBMC.

Enjoy!
Further to my last finding here's another REALLY COOL one.

On my remote the select button happens to be the Play button AND the Pause button.

To configure it to do all of this just :

Edit the keymap file in the location mentioned in my last post.

Under the <keyboard> section remove the following :
<space>Pause</space>
<return>Select</return>
<enter>Select</return>

Under the <keyboard> section add the follwing:
<p>Select</p>

Under the <FullscreenVideo> section remove the following :
<enter>OSD</enter>
<return>OSD</return>

Under the <FullscreenVideo> section add the following :
<p>Pause</p>

Save and you're DONE!

The only downside to this is when a movie is playin and your back in the home xbmc menu you won't be able to a movie running in the background. If this is really an issue just assign add the Pause back but assign it another key and do the same for your Windows USB Remote App's profile.

ie add back
<somekey>Pause</somekey>

TOooo Eeasy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC & Girder / DVICO Fusion0