[REQUEST] Skype (VoIP) Phone Script for XBMC?
Lightbulb 
Hello,

currently I'm looking for a new Media Center which supports Skype or MSN for video converences. Are there any plans for XBMC.

Thanks,
Stefan
Not really Smile
XBMC is first and foremost a MEDIA center and anything dealing with skype and such wont go into core I´d imagine.

Anyways, a script might be what you need and perhaps a video plugin to work out the video/audio.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Lightbulb 
I think a great extension to XBMC to make it into an even better Media Center would be to add Skype Functionality into it with Web Cam support.
This is for obvious reasons I don't think I need to explain. Just would be good to be able to not have to exit XBMC to make a skype call.

How Would this look.
Another option Like Weather (Called Skype)
When you select skype you have the option to make a call by selecting a contact with photo (my 5 year old kids use XBMC it would be great for them to be able to select Granma) and a call is made.
When watching a movie it can be configurable to be set to busy and send to voicemail or have the number (No sound) appear in the corner (depends on skin) with the photo if available. Pausing movie answers call.
sounds scriptable... go for it Corban!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
This would be awesome. I used to used the mediaportal skype but I changed to mythtv and I could never get the mythphone to work properly!!

I really hope this happens either with skype, pigeon or similar...

Go for it and Good luck.
I also am after exactly that functionality. Skype has an official Python API, so it seems like it would be doable as a plugin.

Nice to have:
- Pause and resume music / videos when an incoming call arrives (with OSD telling you who it's from).
- Screen showing status of call, etc.
- Access to voice mail.
All from in XBMC.

Minimal functionality:
- Make a few scripts to put in the script menu that call certain contacts.
This could probably be done in an hour.
flight16 Wrote:This could probably be done in an hour.

Done yet?
Ha!
stoli Wrote:Done yet?

To clarify, I meant minimize xbmc and launch skype.
Wow!!! With option to use cam this will be amazing! Plz do it!
I definitely think the social aspect of media playback is a good direction... but i can also imagine features like this would take a hell of a lot of work.

Another thing is.. boxee covers this stuff (to a lesser extent)... and xbmc and boxee are different programs...
Did someone is working on it?
anything happen here? A skype plugin would be awsome!
we waiting...
I'm pretty sure this is very low on any dev's list.
if it itches that bad, why not take up python and do it yourselves?
python's not that difficult to learn, and once you start and put up some code on svn somewhere, some experienced python coder could help with bug fixing.
check the wiki on coding plugins/scripts for xbmc
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Skype (VoIP) Phone Script for XBMC?0