Sound working in totem but not in xbmc
I've set the sound of my ubuntu install to "HDA Intel ATI HDMI (ALSA)" in "sound preferences" and i've got sound in every application except XBMC. (i'm using audio over HDMI embedded in an intel chip).
I've fooled around with the audio hardware settings in xbmc, but I can't seem to get it working. Is there a way to tell XBMC to use the sound preferences from ubuntu?
No, but you could try enabling digital out, perhaps change the device line aswell.
Cant help you to much as I dont use HDMI audio or digital Smile
Also when dealing with XBMC its usually best to just completely uninstall PulseAudio, especially in Interpid.

Any specific tweaks to get HDMI Audio working?

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I allready enabled digital out, but I don't know exactly what to change the device line to, is there a document describing which inputs are accepted for that line?

I had to use the latest kernel and alsa drivers to get the HDMI audio working. I also have a .asoundrc which specifies the hardware device to use. This is all on a Shuttle sg33g5 (intel g33 platform).
Hello all,
I have been using my Shuttle SG335G with Windows Vista for about half a year. I have connected it to my Sony Bravia TV using only the HDMI connecter, which sends video+audio to the TV. I ran the XBMC Live CD (downloaded it on 3 March 2009). All but the audio output through HDMI seems to work. I changed the audio device setting to HDMI (manually typed it) but this had no influence. Does anybody know how to get this to work with the Live CD?
Cheers,
Jari
Unfortuanatly the audio drivers in latest XBMC Live still does not include HDMI support, they haven´t been updated on our base system (ubuntu mobile).

You can download and compile new drivers if you want though.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hello Topfs2,
I'm fairly new to Ubuntu, Linux. Are you suggesting that I build an Ubuntu system from scratch and then install XBMC? Shuttle doesn't provide any Linux drivers for my barebone system. If you could be a little bit more specific, that would be great. Thanks for your help! Jari
JariF Wrote:Hello Topfs2,
I'm fairly new to Ubuntu, Linux. Are you suggesting that I build an Ubuntu system from scratch and then install XBMC? Shuttle doesn't provide any Linux drivers for my barebone system. If you could be a little bit more specific, that would be great. Thanks for your help! Jari

Shuttle isn't who you need to get the drivers from - it's ALSA that is needing an update to support this. there are threads dedicated to getting HDMI audio here if you'll search. they will point you to an update script on the Ubuntu forums that will get your audio drivers updated. You may also need to update your video drivers depending upon what you are using for video as this has an impact on HDMI audio as well. I know that it works well on NVIDIA and at least some ATI chipsets - not sure about Intel just yet. Might want to research that bit first before starting actually, if the vid chipset cannot support the audio no sense in going further....
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound working in totem but not in xbmc0