Duplicate Movie Entries in Video Library View?
I already did. Stacking works in File view, but not in Library Mode, is that normal?
Stacking should not work for this filenaming convention.
Please read above (note, this has nothing to do with Mediastream, unless you can confirm this does not happen in PMIII).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
wiggedy1234 Wrote:f:\movies\King Kong\King1.avi
f:\movies\King Kong\King2.avi

When I go to Movies I see the Movie twice. Where Can I fix that?

Try the following wiggedy1234:

f:\movies\King Kong\King-cd1.avi
f:\movies\King Kong\King-cd2.avi
or try......

King Kong a.avi
King Kong b.avi

This is how I do my 2 part movies.....never gives me issues.
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:or try......

King Kong a.avi
King Kong b.avi

This is how I do my 2 part movies.....never gives me issues.

In one of the more recent XBMC builds hey did away with # stacking. i.e.:

Movie 1.avi
Movie 2.avi

will no longer stack. This was because many people have one folder with all movie files in it as opposed to seperate folders for each movie. In this case its difficult to to name sequals, i.e. Die Hard vs Die Hard 2. To re-add # stacking add this to your advancedsettings.xml file:

<advancedsettings>
<moviestacking append="no">
<regexp>[ _\.-]+cd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+dvd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+part[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>()[ _\.-]+([0-9]*[abcd]+)(\....)$</regexp>
<regexp>()[\^ _\.-]+([0-9]+)(\....)$</regexp>
<regexp>([a-z])([0-9]+)(\....)$</regexp>
<regexp>()([ab])(\....)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>
</advancedsettings>
eamiryar Wrote:In one of the more recent XBMC builds hey did away with # stacking. i.e.:

Movie 1.avi
Movie 2.avi

will no longer stack. This was because many people have one folder with all movie files in it as opposed to seperate folders for each movie. In this case its difficult to to name sequals, i.e. Die Hard vs Die Hard 2. To re-add # stacking add this to your advancedsettings.xml file:

<advancedsettings>
<moviestacking append="no">
<regexp>[ _\.-]+cd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+dvd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+part[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>()[ _\.-]+([0-9]*[abcd]+)(\....)$</regexp>
<regexp>()[\^ _\.-]+([0-9]+)(\....)$</regexp>
<regexp>([a-z])([0-9]+)(\....)$</regexp>
<regexp>()([ab])(\....)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>
</advancedsettings>

I realize this is an older thread, but recent changes in stacking made it valid again.
These regexp options saved my sanity. Smile
So thanks.
Hi,

I have managed to scrape all of my TV Shows correctly however when I go in to the particular episodes season I have duplicates of every episode. And one of the two files can't be found. Is there a way to delete all of these without having to manually do each file?

Thanks in advance.
In case those files were moved and/or do not exist anymore, try to clean the library.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
How do I clean the library?

Update: Don't worry, found the option.

Clean Video Library:
Cleaning up the Video Library (removing invalid entries and compressing) can be done via the User Interface Settings, in the Videos Settings with the 'Clean Library' option

Thanks for your help.
It is part of the "Library" section in the video settings screen.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thumbs Up 
hikaricore Wrote:I realize this is an older thread, but recent changes in stacking made it valid again.
These regexp options saved my sanity. Smile
So thanks.

I just noticed this problem in build 25497, but the solution was actually the opposite. It had been about 9 months or so since I'd installed a new build. When my old user folder was copied over, it took with it my old AdvancedSettings.xml, which already had the above regex expressions in it. (Maybe I'd added them by hand previously.)

But that actually broke movie file stacking. It also prevented multi-part movies from being loaded into my library properly when using the Movie Info command on a folder that contains a multi-part movie. (It would only load the first part.)

I did an experiment and removed my old AdvancedSettings.xml, and stacking started working again. I'm not sure what's changed, but if adding the regex doesn't work for you, try just getting rid of that section altogether. (Save a copy somewhere in case it breaks things even more though.Big Grin)
I've recently installed XBMC on my iPad 2 (had it running on my Apple TV 2 for over a year), and told it to scrape my Films directory. I have all my films in one directory, and they are all labeled "Film title [year of release].file format".

Ignoring the few films that have been associated with some other random title, it has found some duplicates. These are actual duplicates (I don't have and part a/part b files in my collection) that I was not aware of.

eg I lists 12 Monkeys twice. One of these files is correctly labeled, the other must be a miss labeled file. If I remove the correctly labeled file and try to play it, XBMC tells me the file is missing. I then play the incorrectly labeled one and it plays fine and is in fact 12 Monkeys.

I only seem to be able to find these duplicate entries when in library mode. When I'm in file mode, they are sorted alphabetically based on file name, not film title and therefore the mislabeled duplicates don't stand out.

How do I get XBMC to tell me the file name of product playing, instead of the scraped title?

NOTE : Ignore this message. I read in another forum post that the two finger select activates the menu I was looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate Movie Entries in Video Library View?0