• 7(current)
Thumbnail Overlay Generator - makeshift HD video flagging script
Rocky5 Wrote:In the new version bin files no longer get scanned they did in the old version.

The only files that have ever been scanned with the -scan option is mkv and avi (you can add more in the options though). Bin files were never scanned automatically in any version.
They were in the last version i created a list of all my files and they would all get scanned but now when i create a list only mp4, avi, mkv, and rmvb get scanned none of my bin files get scanned any more unless that was a bug with the later versions.
Rocky5 Wrote:They were in the last version i created a list of all my files and they would all get scanned but now when i create a list only mp4, avi, mkv, and rmvb get scanned none of my bin files get scanned any more unless that was a bug with the later versions.

What version are you talking about? Unless you changed the config, only mkv and avi get scanned automatically. If you add 'bin' to the list in your config then bin files will get scanned too (but I doubt ffmpeg can scan them since I assume bin is just another name for iso).
midgetspy Wrote:What version are you talking about? Unless you changed the config, only mkv and avi get scanned automatically. If you add 'bin' to the list in your config then bin files will get scanned too (but I doubt ffmpeg can scan them since I assume bin is just another name for iso).

No i made a batch file to make a list off all files in the directory then scan them 1 by 1 when i used the version that had the audio bug they were scanned i don't need to add anything to the config file as it scans each file with its name and extension instead of just a directory its was only in the new version it doesn't but its ok as i just converted them to avi so doesn't matter now.
Rocky5 Wrote:No i made a batch file to make a list off all files in the directory then scan them 1 by 1 when i used the version that had the audio bug they were scanned i don't need to add anything to the config file as it scans each file with its name and extension instead of just a directory its was only in the new version it doesn't but its ok as i just converted them to avi so doesn't matter now.

Well turn debug on and post the output and I'll see if I can see the problem... only 2 lines were changed between 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 so I really can't imagine what could have affected that...
Thumbs Up 
Hello,

Thank you for this great script, its what i needed! Hopefully such a feature comes into next release!

I use Ubuntu and have done the following to run it (its not necessary to compile something by yourself!):
Code:
sudo aptitude install ffmpeg imagemagick

then I had to edit the conf file:
Code:
vi tog/config.py

Changed the ImageMagick path to
Code:
IMAGEMAGICK_PATH=/usr/bin
(/usr/bin is the default directory for all binaries for debian based systems)

I use a directory for each movie and have a folder.jpg in it. Therfore I also added some code on line 87 in main.py:
Code:
pathname = os.path.dirname(filename)
        if os.path.isfile(os.path.join(pathname, "folder.jpg")):
                shutil.copyfile(os.path.join(pathname, "folder.jpg"), thumbName)
I uncommented all the three other shutil.copyfile command after that (don't need a backup, my folder.jpg is my backup :-))

Two Questions to the author: First: Is it posible to run it from somewhere else then the base directory? For me this doesnt work, he can't find the other modules I think... Second: I have many mkv files, some with two audio tracks, german and english. It would be great if I can add such overlays for the language, en/de or something like that. I know mkvinfo, which gives me the output which language the tracks are. Do you know if the language is also showed by ffmpeg? ffmpeg -i does it not i think.... (of corse, mkv needs to be tagged the right way, but this is ok in my movies...)

Bye
fali
When I record TV shows they usually start in the first commercial block, which is 4:3 SD video, but this switches to 16:9 HD video for the actual program. TOG seems to identify this program as 4:3 SD, any ideas how to fix this?
Excellent script. One question and I apologize if it's been covered in this thread already. Do we have png's for sd.png and stereo.png yet? Some of my posters are now lopsided. :-(

Thanks!
There have been a few sets of PNG's posted in the thread earlier I believe. Also I think that fekker's MIP program can now do overlays too so that may be a more elegant solution (though I'm still using my script, hehe).

xbmchead I have no idea how to handle that - I don't think it's possible except on a case by case basis. You can always use -force to put the correct labels on, but the script is programmed to just use the first video stream it finds and I don't think there's a reasonable way to change that behavior.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail Overlay Generator - makeshift HD video flagging script0