Can not reboot Apple TV
I prepared my patchstick, installed it and for a few minutes it seemed to work. The next morning when i tried to use the apple tv with XBMC I kept getting errors (#5 most of the time as i remember). Since I had done all the updates I thought perhaps i had installed inproperly so i did a restore. Now i can not get a signal to the screen. I get a blinking light for a few minutes then it goes to steady white light but no signal. Ive tried it on two tv's with the same response. Ive tried rebooting several times with the same result. Anyone have any ideas how to restore at this point.

Thanks
imacg5ranger Wrote:I prepared my patchstick, installed it and for a few minutes it seemed to work. The next morning when i tried to use the apple tv with XBMC I kept getting errors (#5 most of the time as i remember). Since I had done all the updates I thought perhaps i had installed inproperly so i did a restore. Now i can not get a signal to the screen. I get a blinking light for a few minutes then it goes to steady white light but no signal. Ive tried it on two tv's with the same response. Ive tried rebooting several times with the same result. Anyone have any ideas how to restore at this point.

Thanks

power-on, hold "menu" and "-" buttons down and keep them down.
Thanks davilla. I finally figured it out this morning. Appreciate the help. Now have to go find the xbmc appletv manual and figure out how to access my mac video files from the xbmc appletv. A really nice application so far. Lots of potential. Much what I expected the Appletv to be like when I purchased it.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not reboot Apple TV0