Can XBMC be installed on Acer Aspire One or Asus eee?
I am thinking of getting either an Acer Aspire One (120GB HD) or an Asus eee. Can XBMC for Linux be easily installed on either of these machines. Would be great if it can then I can have a portable XBMC.

Not fussed about playing High Def content, only standard def, divx and MP3.

Cheers.
Search before you post next time, the latter has been done.
I did search for Aspire One in this forum and the 5 threads that resulted didn't have the answer I was looking for hence I posted.
silps Wrote:I am thinking of getting either an Acer Aspire One (120GB HD) or an Asus eee. Can XBMC for Linux be easily installed on either of these machines. Would be great if it can then I can have a portable XBMC.

Not fussed about playing High Def content, only standard def, divx and MP3.

Cheers.

XBMC Live works perfect on Acer Aspire One, it can play lowbitrate 720p but not upscale the things to 1080p without laggs, my guess is the graphic cards isnt up for the task or the drivers are bad.

Ubuntu and XBMC Linux works aswell, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne good read for tweaks regarding ubuntu.

Cheers, Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:XBMC Live works perfect on Acer Aspire One, it can play lowbitrate 720p but not upscale the things to 1080p without laggs, my guess is the graphic cards isnt up for the task or the drivers are bad.

Ubuntu and XBMC Linux works aswell, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne good read for tweaks regarding ubuntu.

Cheers, Tobias

Thanks Tobias, I don't need 720p as I only play standard def divx.

I only found out about XBMC Live last night so need to read up on it more. I am guessing you need to install it to USB of flash card and then boot up the Aspire One off that?

Once I am running XBMC Live can it access my content that would be on the Aspire's hard drive and can you use things like the library function properly? Actually does xbmc live store your settings etc on the Aspires hd?

Cheers.
silps Wrote:Thanks Tobias, I don't need 720p as I only play standard def divx.

I only found out about XBMC Live last night so need to read up on it more. I am guessing you need to install it to USB of flash card and then boot up the Aspire One off that?

Once I am running XBMC Live can it access my content that would be on the Aspire's hard drive and can you use things like the library function properly? Actually does xbmc live store your settings etc on the Aspires hd?

Cheers.

On XBMC live the only thing that doesnt work perfectly for me is Wireless, and that is because it really isnt bundled, something we are trying to fix before atlantis+1 with a networkmanagement within XBMC (which exists but needs to be altered to provide non-admin for configuration)

Oh standby works but standby and going to shutdown is causing troubles, it goes 99% of the shutdown but stays there, but I haven´t tried it to much and it could have been a one time fluke.

Cheers,
Tobias

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
crossfading music on the aspire is an issue as well. it looks nice and clean using the max aspire 1024x600 resolution
silps Wrote:Thanks Tobias, I don't need 720p as I only play standard def divx.

Cheers.

Hi,
I have a Aspire One and it doesnt work!!
When i start from usb-stick i starts xbmc but ends in a black screen!
Can somebody help me.
With that level of troubleshooting detail? No, probably not. -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
therealwakka Wrote:Hi,
I have a Aspire One and it doesnt work!!
When i start from usb-stick i starts xbmc but ends in a black screen!
Can somebody help me.

Are you sure your running intel driver?

1.First i download the Live-ISO
2. Then i used "unetbootin" to create a bootable USB-Stick from that Image
3. Then i put the Stick in my USB-Port and restart my Acer
4. Then in Bios i choose to boot from USB-Stick
5. Then i works i see the "unetbootin" Bootloader with the Options:
Code:
safe
toram intel
toram nvida
toram ati

6.When i choose default it boots and i see the xbmc screen with the loading-bar
7. After a while a black screen with an "_" on the top appears and nothing happens
8. i tried all options in the bootmenu and all the same
9. with the "safe" option it show what the XBMC is doing and after a while
there is only a screen with "searching for device with installation files " and
when the SEARCH is on sdc, it starts with sdc0,2,3 and begin with sdc again Huh
So that the Problem!
Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC be installed on Acer Aspire One or Asus eee?0