Problems compiling (libPlatinum - '_NPT_LocalLogger' : undeclared identifier)
I was able to compile XBMC before reinstalling Windows, but now I'm having trouble getting things up and running again.

I followed the instructions from here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_compi...ource_code

I use MS Visual Studio 2008 (not the Express edition), so I edited \project\Win32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat to use C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

The errors occur when compiling libPlatinum, error messages in \project\VS2008Express\libPlatinum\Release (SDL)\BuildLog.htm:

Quote:Compiling...
PltMediaRenderer.cpp
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(234) : error C2065: '_NPT_LocalLogger' : undeclared identifier
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(234) : error C2228: left of '.logger' must have class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(234) : error C2065: '_NPT_LocalLogger' : undeclared identifier
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(234) : error C2228: left of '.logger' must have class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(234) : error C2228: left of '.name' must have class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''
type is ''unknown-type''
type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(234) : error C2227: left of '->GetLevel' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(234) : error C2227: left of '->Log' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(239) : error C2065: '_NPT_LocalLogger' : undeclared identifier
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(239) : error C2228: left of '.logger' must have class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(239) : error C2065: '_NPT_LocalLogger' : undeclared identifier
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(239) : error C2228: left of '.logger' must have class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(239) : error C2228: left of '.name' must have class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''
type is ''unknown-type''
type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(239) : error C2227: left of '->GetLevel' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer\PltMediaRenderer.cpp(239) : error C2227: left of '->Log' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

libPlatinum - 28 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong/what I've missed?
Uncomment the logger line at the top of PltMediaRenderer.cpp

I'll fix this in SVN.

Cheers
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Uncomment the logger line at the top of PltMediaRenderer.cpp

I'll fix this in SVN.

Cheers
Jonathan

Thanks Smile

libPlatinum now compiles but now I get an error while compiling guilib:
c:\docs\xbmc\xbmcc\guilib\gui3d.h(167) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SDL/SDL.h': No such file or directory
This happens if you point to the wrong directory in VC++, Tools / Options / Projects / VC++ Directories / Include files
Please note the paths in the wiki are examples on my PC.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:This happens if you point to the wrong directory in VC++, Tools / Options / Projects / VC++ Directories / Include files
Please note the paths in the wiki are examples on my PC.

doh! I moved my svn directory without changing the paths Rolleyes
thanks for pointing me in the right direction
You're welcome. As charge back I expect one or two bugs fixed by you Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems compiling (libPlatinum - '_NPT_LocalLogger' : undeclared identifier)1