MCE Remote
Hi,

I am using Live Atlantis beta 2 on a Mac Mini and I know the Microsoft MCE remote with USB receiver is supposed to work out of the box but mine does not seem to work. Any idea's would be appreciated.

It is the official MS one (http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_5498.html) and it still works as I have tested with my PC.

Thanks.
If you could do:
Code:
ctrl + alt + f1 (ssh in might be better/easier though)
hal-device > hal-device.txt
and put hal-device.txt on pastebin

Also doing running irw and press a few buttons ad pastebin this would be great.
xbmc.log would be awesome aswell
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hi Thanks for the response. I will do this and get back to you.
mine also doesn't work correctly. Up/down/ok is no problem,

but pause button for example doesn't work.
Hello,

First of all, this is an amazing piece of software. I was using MeedioOS and in my opinion, this is WAY better.

I am also experiencing the same problem as LinnyUK. I am using Windows XP SP3 with XBMC XBMC ‘Atlantis’ Beta 2. I bought the same remote based on the following:
Quote:XBMC Live is designed to support Microsoft’s MCE Remote and USB receiver out-of-the-box.

The beta 1 announcement says that Microsoft's MCE Remote should work out of the box. I am not using the "Live" version of XBMC...is it supposed to work out of the box with a regular Windows XP install? I'd guess yes, but it isn't for me.

I have read other forum posts about using EventGhost and something else similar, but based on this announcement, it appears that this shouldn't be necessary.

I'd love to help get this working so that we can use Microsoft's MCE Remote with XBMC on the PC out-of-the-box. I just need some confirmation about what it's supposed to do (should it work?) and where to get started, and I'd be happy to pitch in and help. Smile

Regards,
Tim
timb Wrote:I am not using the "Live" version of XBMC...
That is why you don't have MCE remote support out-of-the-box...

Regarding XBMC Live you may want to read about it here and here and understand that XBMC for Windows is not XBMC Live.

Luigi
l.capriotti Wrote:That is why you don't have MCE remote support out-of-the-box...

Regarding XBMC Live you may want to read about it here and here and understand that XBMC for Windows is not XBMC Live.

Luigi

OK, thanks for the clarification. So my next question is, what would it take to get out-of-the-box support for the MCE remote with the windows version of XBMC? Is there a technical issue that's holding this up or lack of interest (low priority)? Is there anything that I can do to help? I have 10+ years development experience, although mostly with business apps using the .NET framework. However, I don't mind taking a look to see if I can contribute.

Thanks,
Tim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote0