Desperate request: Hide thumbnail on unwatched shows!
http://trac.xbmc.org
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

WilliamG Wrote:....... If it's not feasible, I'd just like to know so I can move on. Tired of good TV shows being spoiled before they're watched...

Noone ever said its not feasible but XBMC is currently in a feature freeze and we are only fixing bugs not adding new features like this after the feature freeze is finished it may/may not be looked at

jmarshall Wrote:.......... Its not currently doable from the skin (other than turning all thumbs off based on the hide unwatched plots setting).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Like jmarshall said not "Currently" doable but I do have an outstanding feature request that would solve this issue on a skin by skin basis but yeah it could probably be added to settings.
But again Feature freeze so its not added yet.
Argh crap there was another whole page to this thread Tongue and jm explained it
Hehe. I opened a ticket. Thanks guys! Will go back to being patient. Smile
Use the list view as there is already an option to turn off the thumbs in the list view (not based on watched/unwatched though)
WilliamG Wrote:How hard can it be to just say, "OK, we'll remove the thumbnail, too!"

How hard can it be to just remove the thumbnail yourself in the meantime?
Personally I love the episode thumbnail feature! I even went through the trouble of uploading lots of missing thumbnails on thetvdb or replacing bad thumbnails with better ones.

However, I really do hate being spoiled by thumbnails as I'm very very spoilerphobic in general. Therefore I would also very much appreciate a feature to hide thumbnails of unwatched episodes, the same way the plot of unwatched episodes is hidden.

And once I watched the episode, I of course want the thumbnail to be there. So deleting is not an option, going to thetvdb is not an option (as I've already been spoiled) and changing the view everytime would be really annoying.
As a feature goes, this is certainly one that can be requested. Options are always good.

Though imho, this feature would rank fairly low in priority.

How 1 shot could absolutely ruin a 20min or 42min show that displays 24+ shots per seconds is beyond me. Sure I could see how maybe 1 episode once in a while where a shot could spoil it... aka surprise killing showing the killer and victim. But these situations to me are fairly limited.

It is my opinion that some shots bring more questions that I want answered watching the episode.... How did he get bloody... what would make him kill etc etc etc. Many times as with trailers, the shot can actually send your mind down the wrong path...

Getting down on the people that make these shots on TVDB.com is not appropriate. They are working on their own time (like the poster above me) to provide this content for you. If you don't like the shots, make your own its that simple. Media Companion has an option to not download them I think. XBMC also supports creating your own that the scrapers will use as well..

The thing you have to understand is when trying to select a shot you want to pick a image that makes that episode stand out, separates it from the rest. Identifies the episode just like DVD covers or fanart. Unfortunately these types of images are generally "spoilers" since they are what makes the episode unique usually.

I am not saying a feature like this is invaluable or should not be done, or your views on "spoilers" shots are wrong. Just that I don't think this feature would add value to me and I would not give it a high priority.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Desperate request: Hide thumbnail on unwatched shows!0