[AppleTV] boxee/xmbc updater
Does the updater check the current version before downloading and installing the currently available release? It doesn't seem to be. I want to stay current with developments and fixes, but I don't want to keep installing the same version over and over.

thanks.
rcrh Wrote:Does the updater check the current version before downloading and installing the currently available release? It doesn't seem to be. I want to stay current with developments and fixes, but I don't want to keep installing the same version over and over.

thanks.

Updater is more like a downloader. One could change the headline if you want to Smile
It's not implemented, because I didn't have a good idea how to do it in the first place. Feel free to create an enhancement issue here.
All downloads should show a version number (the text starts scrolling in the updater), so you currently have to remember if you already installed that version. Besides that, Boxee and XBMC releases are published on their respective websites, Launcher releases here in the forum.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks. I'll watch the RSS feed and only update when there is an anouncement of a new version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] boxee/xmbc updater0