WMA or iTunes-sourced file support (DMCA)?
I haven't seen a recent thread on this, so thought I'd ask if/when it is expected that there may be support for music purchased online?

It's great that I can play all the music I bought on CD and ripped myself, but that was 4 or 5 years ago. All music I've purchased since has either been through MusicMatch or iTunes. At the moment, I know those files are not supported for playback.

I would prefer to avoid cracking them and stripping off the access protection (not so much philosophically, but just time-wise) if I can.

Is support for these formats imminent, in the near future, or at this point a pipe dream?

Thanks
Anything you buy without DRM should work perfectly.

If it has DRM, the main XBMC developers are not interested, whatsoever, so you'll either have to code it up yourself, or remove the DRM yourself.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I didn't mean to suggest writing a hack or anything illegal. I'm not up on Linux platform stuff, so wasn't sure if there was anything coming close to an agreement with Apple to allow those to be played in Unix. It would seem not if nobody even wants to go near it.

Even Microsoft's WMA DRM.

Oh well, thanks for the response anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMA or iTunes-sourced file support (DMCA)?0