• 6(current)
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread
Happy new year! Big Grin

Thanks for adding the clock! I didn't test it already as I just copied the 1943-build to my HTPC, upgrading the 1906-build, so I will see the changes first this evening when relaxing on the couch Cool

One thing I stumbled upon, also in the 'Now playing' info, is the size of the bar and the two playtimes beneath it (current playtime/total playtime). They don't sit side by side if the total playtime is larger than 59:59. In this case the bar intersects with the current playtime. I guess, the bar doesn't get shortened to the available space between the left corner and the beginning of the current playtime.
Probably this is already fixed in a newer version. If so, just forget about it!

Oh, another thing, same place: why does the description scroll down in this info window? I find this very annoying, as the available space is small and even if I wanted to read the description, it's nearly impossible as the lines are just some words wide and a useful description would get some dozen lines long. Could this description please be replaced by production year, director, a few actors or something like that? Anything would go as long as it's not scrolling.

Thanks for your work! I really love this skin!!
Great Skin!
I really like the Selection thing, but why don't you use the images of the library ? Is it doable? this way when I go to Movies i see only the images of the movies I have ( plus, when I add a new movie and scrape information for it, I have the selection updated as well)

Have a nice day

Mic
Happy New Year Everyone!

warwon Wrote:Fanart is now working it takes about 2-4 second before it appears
I put a delay between pictures otherwise it was really slowing up menu speed and navigation.
I'll look into this some more and see if it can be sped up.

warwon Wrote:I would still prefer seeing the Temp on the main screen
I will add current weather to the main page soon Nod

warwon Wrote:the other thing I noticed is that while using this skin I can't get the music library to update unless I force it from the file view.
I'm pretty sure this is not skin related.
I haven't had any problems adding items to the library...:confused2:
BaerMan Wrote:One thing I stumbled upon, also in the 'Now playing' info, is the size of the bar and the two playtimes beneath it (current playtime/total playtime). They don't sit side by side if the total playtime is larger than 59:59. In this case the bar intersects with the current playtime. I guess, the bar doesn't get shortened to the available space between the left corner and the beginning of the current playtime.

Oh, another thing, same place: why does the description scroll down in this info window? I find this very annoying, as the available space is small and even if I wanted to read the description, it's nearly impossible as the lines are just some words wide and a useful description would get some dozen lines long. Could this description please be replaced by production year, director, a few actors or something like that? Anything would go as long as it's not scrolling.
I will look into these and submit fixes asap! Wink
ZIOLele Wrote:Great Skin!
I really like the Selection thing, but why don't you use the images of the library ?
You can actually try this yourself.
Point the folder location to one of the folders in "UserData\Thumbnails\Video".
You will see covers are split up into several folders and mixed in with actors.

So currently the only way to get what we are looking for is to make our own packs. There are scripts that will create actual screenshots from all your movies.
Wir3d Wrote:You can actually try this yourself.
Point the folder location to one of the folders in "UserData\Thumbnails\Video".
You will see covers are split up into several folders and mixed in with actors.
If you choose ...\Video\Fanart, you should get only movie-pics. I don't think, there is fanart relating to an actor. And even if, this could be fine too, as they would be much nicer than the standard actor pics, which are almost pretty ugly. . Rolleyes
Yesterday I had a look at build 1943 whith the clock added to 'Now playing'. This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Big Grin

The problem with the overlapping bar and playtime in the info-screen is still actual. I'm using PAL, so I don't know if it shows up in higher resolutions too. Maybe the info-screen is bigger in other resolutions and the bar fits beneath the playtime.

OK, I also had a look at the weather screen Wink
Please, don't take it to heart, but in the weather screen (PAL resolution!) nothing fits anywhere. Unfortunately I can't take screenshots, as they always seem to be broken, don't know why. So I try to explain:
On the very right side there is a lot of free space, completely unused. Beneath, there are the forecasts for the next days. Within these forecasts the german words are mostly to wide for the boxes, as well as the temperature values (they should be language independent, right?). In some of the boxes the text stays in the box and gets scrolled and in some of the boxes the text is simply running out of the box. If these boxes would be a little wider and using up the free space to the right, everything would fit.

In short words: the space could be used much more efficient.

Greets
BaerMan
Revision 1959 posted!
Added current weather to home (warwon)
Cleaned up now playing info and fixed overlapping text (BaerMan)
Cleaned up Weather screen (BaerMan)

Let me know what you think or if you see any issues.
Star 
New Weather options are nice!

Only small I noticed ( I'm having a hard time getting a screen shot of it)

Is when my library gets scanned at the startup. That dialog box is a few inches to far to the right.

I checked the screen calb in xbmc it look correct.
warwon Wrote:New Weather options are nice!

Only small I noticed ( I'm having a hard time getting a screen shot of it)

Is when my library gets scanned at the startup. That dialog box is a few inches to far to the right.

I checked the screen calb in xbmc it look correct.

what resolution are you using?
Revision 1962 posted.
Should have fixed the scanning dialog position issue.
warwon Wrote:Is when my library gets scanned at the startup. That dialog box is a few inches to far to the right.
Had the same issue too, but didn't bother about because it's just a pretty short time after startup. My resolution is standard PAL.

Wir3d Wrote:Revision 1959 posted!
Cleaned up now playing info and fixed overlapping text (BaerMan)
Cleaned up Weather screen (BaerMan)

Let me know what you think or if you see any issues.
Great! I'll have a look at it tonight and will tell you wether it fits or not.
Thanks a lot! Big Grin
I haven't gotten a chance to try the new build with the fix for the dialog screen.

But if it helps anyways I run at 720p
Wir3d Wrote:Revision 1959 posted!
Looks very cute! But I didn't see a pictogram of the conditions, just the temperature. Was this intended? If so, could you please add a small pic next to it? Would make it perfect!
Quote:Cleaned up now playing info and fixed overlapping text (BaerMan)
Nearly hidden. I guess you counted the width as H:MM:SS, but in fact it is HH:MM:SS with a leading '0' (Zero), so there is still two characters getting overlapped.
Quote:Cleaned up Weather screen (BaerMan)
Great. The shortened terms are still readable and the temperature is now being displayed with a visible minus sign (seeing 12°C on the forecast screen was quite nice but the sign was just hidden in the border of the box).

All in all it's mostly fitting now. As I still cannot take screenshots I need to write down the things that stick out but mostly I just forget about it. Blush
There are still some issues concerning the width of the german terms. They are mostly longer (therefore wider) than the english counterpart. Maybe they need to be shortened. But this should probably go to the translators.
Wir3d Wrote:Revision 1962 posted.
Should have fixed the scanning dialog position issue.
Fits very well now. Thanks a lot!
That dialog box been fixed.

I see icons in weather myself...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread2