• 12(current)
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread
Wir3d Wrote:BaerMan,
I tried to recreate your issue in library and non-library mode but didn't see the same issue.
Can you recreate this problem with PMIII?

PMIII is what ... ? Rolleyes
Ah, I remember, it's the original skin. Might be a little dusty, didn't touch it since decades Laugh

I'll try it with PMIII tonight, but as I frequently update to latest ppa version, the xbmc-version might have impact on this issue. Today I updated to 19325 and Connected is 2112.

By the way: the main menu is back again. Thanks for the fix! Nod
Hi, sorry but I didn't get this faulty behaviour to work again. Will say, the seek-window always showed up. I tried with PMIII and played a little ping-pong with database-integrated files and disk-only files and went to db-mode and back but everything worked as it should. With Connected the same game and the same results.

If it should disappear again one day, I'll call the Ghostbusters Confused
BaerMan Wrote:Hi, sorry but I didn't get this faulty behaviour to work again. Will say, the seek-window always showed up. I tried with PMIII and played a little ping-pong with database-integrated files and disk-only files and went to db-mode and back but everything worked as it should. With Connected the same game and the same results.

If it should disappear again one day, I'll call the Ghostbusters Confused

I hate to ask you to do this but can you walk me through exactly how to recreate this problem?
Wir3d Wrote:You must be using a custom theme. It can be done but I can't help with it.

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue with fanart. I'm pretty sure I'm not using a custom theme - mostly because I don't know what those are! Just today, I downloaded the new XBMC and a new copy of the skin and the issue remains.

The fanart totally overwhelms the detail view so as to make it unreadable. I have XBMC on an XBOX with a plain standard def TV. If it's unfixable, it's no biggie. However it would be really nice to be able to use fanart again.

Also, thanks for all the hard work on the skin!!!! I've tried many skins over the years but always went back to the default PMIII skin. Connected is the first one that I ever liked enough to stick with! It is by far the best skin for standard def TV out there.
Wir3d Wrote:I hate to ask you to do this but can you walk me through exactly how to recreate this problem?
Soory, I guess I explained it mistakable. At the moment there is no problem with the seekbar. It is always there when it should. But I try to explain what I did the last time the seekbar was gone:

As far as I remember, I first watched a movie or an episode which was held in the database and afterwards switched to folder view and scanned manually some episodes not already in the database (e.g. marked a series/episode and tried to download details for it, what didn't work). Then I watched some episodes for which there were no infos in the DB. That was the moment, the seekbar was gone.

(Unfortunately) I am not able to reproduce this error again. I tried with Connected as well as with PMIII but everything was OK. If it should happen again, I'll try to reproduce it and tell you how to make it happen.
Revision 2115 has been posted.
Missing settings dialog fixed (as posted previously).
Text has been brightened slightly to improve visibility.

Please let me know what you think or if you see any problems.
hi Wir3d

Thx for the great skin..just discovered it and it looks sweet. i dl the latest
(Revision 2115) and the settings for the skin are all blank? ive just noticed in your post that the new revision is supposed to fix this?

also is there any way to show fanart (maybe there is an options in the settings for the skin which i cant see right now?)

thx again, the skin is awesome!

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:also is there any way to show fanart (maybe there is an options in the settings for the skin which i cant see right now?)
This is no option in the settings, it's a view which you can select. Fanart is available only in database mode. There you can switch to a special view which shows the title and the cover in a row and the fanart of the selected item on background. Looks awesome!! Nod
If you can't see any item in the list of views: it's the last one. Rolleyes
Hi again Wir3d

After playing with this skin some more I find it fantastic (and really great for people with 4:3 tv like me..yes there are still people out there with SD tv's! Smile......)

I have a few suggestions/request if i may

1)i would love to have fanart in file mode and not just library mode
2) is there an option to have the list view show fanart? i really love the current list view in connected and would love if it could be combined with fanart
3)i prefer seeing the whole fanart without the info on top and not grayed out like it is right now, is it currently possible? i think its better to get the info by pressing i and not having it show up as default
4)i love the current skin (i looked at the other skin mods but they are not as good) but i dislike the purple color (though i suspect my wife will like it Smile.. can there be an option to use another jpeg or "wallpaper"?
5)i would love to have the current time and time left in movie in the playback OSD if its simple and possible to make

sorry if the requests are to long please just ignore me if its to much Smile

I have no skills in programing or art but would love to help in other areas if needed.

thx again for the awesome skin!

Zeltak
Thank you for the kind words zeltak. I too still use SD in some rooms Smile

First things first, you need to get into settings by pressing right on the main page (home).
A menu should come up where you can select settings.

From there select Skin Settings.
In Skin settings you can change the skins background.
Disable the info text in fanart views.
Pressing info during video will display the time.

The other requests I will look into soon.
thx for the answers Wir3d

The more i play with the skin the more i love it..its just the best skin out there for 4:3 bar none!

I again offer any help a mere "mortal" newbee can offerSmile

a few more questions/ramblings if you dont mind Smile

1) i managed to have the fanart show without the info as you suggested through the settings but the fanart is still very dark (like its grayed)..can this be turned off and just have the normal jpeg show?
2) Also in other skins i tried (aeon,serenity,etc...) the fanart fades nicley between movies. In connected there is no fading and when you switch between movies you get the default background for the first few seconds (bug?). It maybe a technical difficult thing so please ignore this if it is but would it be possible to have the same with connected?
3)I know you are part of the mediastream skin (my fav skin all last year until i discovered serenity Smile. After a few versions they added support for reading utf-8 text..can it be added to connected as well?

thx again and once again thx for the awesome skin!

Zeltak
Zeltak, what language do you use?
Hi Wir3d

Well primary english but the wife has some files in hebrew and right now it appears as gibrish..i would love to have english as the main language and support for hebrew (that is utf-8 i guess) in file names

I cant tell you once again how glad i am to have found your skin its just awesome!

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:Hi Wir3d

Well primary english but the wife has some files in hebrew and right now it appears as gibrish..i would love to have english as the main language and support for hebrew (that is utf-8 i guess) in file names

I cant tell you once again how glad i am to have found your skin its just awesome!

Zeltak

I think the problem is we need to create a Hebrew language file.
I'll look around for someone to do this...
Hi

What about me Smile....I dont mind looking at it if someone can kinda guide me in the right direction (assuming there is no programing involved...

I do want to point out that i still want to keep english as the default language but just have support for hebrew filenames

thx

Zeltak
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread2