• 14(current)
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread
Revision 2160 posted!
  • Choose from 6 different colored backgrounds
  • Select a custom folder for backgrounds
  • Enable or disable diffuse (darken) for backgrounds and fanart
  • Media flags have been added for movies (watched, resolution, codecs, sub titles)
  • Add a background to wrap view (helps with fanart)
  • Option to disable text and add background to weather (helps with fanart)
Although it probably doesn't seem like a lot was changed, there was.
Some Skin options have been moved so I suggest looking through them all.

To avoid upgrade problems:
Go to Skin settings --> Extras and click "Reset Skin Settings" and then click on "Reload Skin".

Let me know if you come across any problems.
Ive d/l and installed the new updated skin. I like the different background colors. I really like skin. Clean, but not empty and not a hard learning curve on navigation.
Keep up the good work.

On a side not is it worth installing Weather backgrounds? From looking over forums seems like a lot of steps to have a backdrop.
I know its off subject but noticed it in settings.
I use weather fanart but it's purely personal preference.

It's not difficult to install with this skin.
Download the fanart pack and unzip to a local folder.
Then select the folder with the images from Skin settings.
Thanks a lot for this new version! As expected, this skin is getting better and better Smile
One thing that I would like to see next, its font properties (colors, "brightness"(?)). Still, it is very good as it is for now too, and its my default on my old CRT 4:3 TV. Thank You! Cool

Oh, and if possible - please small weather info on main page. Thanks in advance! Smile
Latvian, what text are you referring to that's too dark?
I am talking about "grey" text. For example, when "Weather" opened, names of conditions are white, but conditions itself are grey text. Maybe I would like to see, for example, yellow text, if background is dark, etc. Its good that text and values different, but contrast for reading actual values is kinda low, harder to read.
I hope i explain more or less understandable, english is not my native, i am, well, latvian. Smile
Hi, after installing Rev 2160 yesterday I got some strange behaviour in the settings: I can either enable weather info or weather details (might be the naming is a little different, it's the names I just remember) but enabling one of them disables the other one.

Is this intentional (if so, why?) or is there something wrong with the settings? I'd like to see the weather info on the main page as well as the details on the weather page. But actually only one of them is possible.

Also there seems to be a sizing problem with the weather page and disabled details. The fanart only covers the lower 2/3 of the height while the upper rest shows the pic from the background (I chose a folder with pics for the standard background).

Maybe it's a temporary problem again which will be gone the next time I start XBMC. But nevertheless it might be helpful for you.

And als from me: fantastic work, great skin! Every time I have a look at another one (7tft, xbox, PM III etc) I soon get back to Connected!
BaerMan Wrote:Hi, after installing Rev 2160 yesterday I got some strange behaviour in the settings: I can either enable weather info or weather details (might be the naming is a little different, it's the names I just remember) but enabling one of them disables the other one.

Allright, I just had a look at it and the settings say:
"Hauptmenü" -> "Enable Wetter Conditions" and
"Wetter" -> "Enable Wetter Info" (Hauptmenü = Main Menu; Wetter = Weather)

The first one enables the current weather on the main screen. The latter one enables the detailed weather infos on the weather page. But only one of them works at a time. I also reset the settings (via "reset skin settings" and "reload skin") but that didn't help.

Additionally, after resetting the settings I don't get the backgrounds pics to work again. At the moment the background is completely black. The only pics that work is the fanart for a movie and the weather-fanart. Probably I'm just confused by all the different settings and don't get the right combination which enables the background again. Maybe you could clear the settings up a little?
BaerMan what language are you using?
German. The localization is a mix of german and english. Sometimes a little hard to understand but it works.

BTW: XBMC is Version 9.04~rc1svn19929-intrepid1, it's the latest from ppa.
BaerMan Wrote:German. The localization is a mix of german and english. Sometimes a little hard to understand but it works.

BTW: XBMC is Version 9.04~rc1svn19929-intrepid1, it's the latest from ppa.

Would you like to do a German translation for Connected?
Wir3d Wrote:Would you like to do a German translation for Connected?
Sure, as long as I don't need to install all the development stuff and compile XBMC by myself. Tell me what to do and I'll do my very best. Big Grin
But it might take some time as I'm pretty busy at the moment.
Hi Wir3d,
(xbox pal 4:3 latest t3ch build)

really enjoying the skin, but got a couple of little problems. Recently noticed that when watching files from xbox hard drive when i pause the video the dialog showing progress and thumbnail doesn't appear like it used to (i think?). The dialog still appears when streaming video from internet.

the other thing is that the svn repo installer now shows what version of script/plugin you have and whether an update is available - which is really useful (open the svn repo plugin and choose "check for updates") see pm3 screen shot below, this currently doesn't show the version no. or "OK" in connected and is pretty difficult to read due to scrolly text. any chance you could look at this?

cheers

Cromity
Sorry for the lack of updates! Here goes...

cromity123 Wrote:really enjoying the skin, but got a couple of little problems. Recently noticed that when watching files from xbox hard drive when i pause the video the dialog showing progress and thumbnail doesn't appear like it used to (i think?). The dialog still appears when streaming video from internet.

I don't have this issue on PC in PAL or on XBOX in 720 or NTSC.
I'll have to look into some more. In the meantime if you figure it out let me know.

cromity123 Wrote:the other thing is that the svn repo installer now shows what version of script/plugin you have and whether an update is available - which is really useful (open the svn repo plugin and choose "check for updates") see pm3 screen shot below, this currently doesn't show the version no. or "OK" in connected and is pretty difficult to read due to scrolly text. any chance you could look at this?

I'm having problems getting plugins to work on PC!
I'll get it eventually Confused

BaerMan Wrote:Sure, as long as I don't need to install all the development stuff and compile XBMC by myself. Tell me what to do and I'll do my very best. Big Grin
But it might take some time as I'm pretty busy at the moment.

BaerMan, please see this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51362
Revision 2288 posted!
This will probably be my last update for this skin unless major problems are discovered.
I will also add languages if others want to post them.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread2