Automatically Install Skin Dependant AddOns & Scripts
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12086

Skinners are integrating Addons and Scripts into skins more often as time goes on.

Goal
Skinner can set a dependency in the skin XML so XBMC can read the dependency and automatically download the Addons & Scripts needed during the skin installation.

Features:
minimum addon/script version
alert in 'settings' when addon/script is not installed or version not compatible

Would avoid issues/problems/questions from users... and create a nice level of automation
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
This all ready happens when you download skins from the repo.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:This all ready happens when you download skins from the repo.

many skins are not in the official repo.
In the addon.xml inside the skin, they list the dependencies and XBMC downloads them.
Problem is (Aeon MQ3 used as example) some skins don't list the dependencies and thus they don't get downloaded
After seeing Giftiee's response in trac.. it seems the main issue is that the script/addon needs to be on the repo the skin resides on - it will not DL the script from the official repo if the skin comes from a 3rd part repo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically Install Skin Dependant AddOns & Scripts0