Advanced Settings not loading?
Perhaps I'm being a goofball, but I don't think my advancedsettings.xml is loading. I've got it in my /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/ directory, verified permissions, and it all looks ok.

I've added <loglevel>1</loglevel> and even that isn't working. I am unable to get it to even report attempting to match regex for my tvshowmatching or whatever the tag is. Not even a failure.

Am I missing something?
One presumes you have the <advancedsettings> tag in there?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The reason we need to include an empty Advancedsettings file.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
ppl who can't read shall dictate what we do? i object!
and you want to provide support like that all the time instead?
(not that we have established that the originator of the topic has that problem)
hmm, convenience against dropping my non-spoon-feeding principles. hard one!
I'm trying not to take offence here at the implication that I'm illiterate... I have read the documentation, and would like to take the opportunity to point out that if you're going to tell everybody to read the documentation then make sure it's right before jumping all over them.

The documentation explicity states that the directory is "UserData", however the only directory of that sort I can find is in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata. As Linux is case-sensitive in this matter, UserData would actually be incorrect.

So yes, I HAVE read the documentation. And yes, I do have the <advancedsettings> tag. I have also noted that there is a comment somewhere that XML is also case-sensitive and there are examples that use <AdvancedSettings> as the tag. I have tried both ways, though obviously from the wiki, <advancedsettings> is the correct format.

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>s([0-9][0-9])d[0-9][0-9]e([0-9][0-9]) - [^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Filenames are s##d##e## - Title.iso

I verified it on regextester.com, so I know it is valid, but looking at the debug there is no mention of even comparing the filenames against any regex, so I don't believe XBMC is even loading the advancedsettings file and setting the increased debug level.

Unless there is some fine-print I missed, I am fairly positive that I've set things up as the documentation has suggested. Lord knows I've spent about 15-20 hours reading through documentation and other information on XBMC the past few days, so an inability to RTFM I don't believe is my issue. I spent 2 hours last night alone reading through the regex thread.

Note that I am not asking to have my regex validated. I am reporting the the debug level does not appear to be getting set. I'm sure I'm not the first person that has experienced this?

I'm amazed that people still use this software if this is the reception they normally get right off the bat when asking a legitimate question.
first of all, don't take everything so personal, you must realize that this is like the 100th time we're asked questions like this. and it was not clear from your first post if you had done the standard one; forgetting the <advancedsettings> tag.

it should be clear from the wiki the syntax is:
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>s([0-9][0-9])d[0-9][0-9]e([0-9][0-9]) -[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

as for loglevel not working i'm not sure, but i suspect it might be caused by the invalid syntax further up. if not, are you sure you are looking at the correct log file (/var/tmp/xbmc.log iirc)
spiff Wrote:it should be clear from the wiki the syntax is:
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>s([0-9][0-9])d[0-9][0-9]e([0-9][0-9]) -[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

as for loglevel not working i'm not sure, but i suspect it might be caused by the invalid syntax further up. if not, are you sure you are looking at the correct log file (/var/tmp/xbmc.log iirc)

You'll have to forgive me because I'm not actually in front of my data. It is, as you said, in that exact format with the regexp tags. I'll confirm when I get home, but I was quite meticulous when I was trying to get it to work about making sure everything was correct based on the documentation because I wanted to avoid an RTFM response.
sure, i see your side of things as well Smile
The logfile I am looking at, if I recall, is /var/tmp/xbmc-xbmc.log. There are only two files in that directory, one is a similar name except -old.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Settings not loading?0