[AppleTV] Using the original XBOX remote
Rainbow 
Hi guys,

first of all; i really LOVE that you have ported xbmc to mac, and especially appletv, but I have a few queistions..

1. I dont like the original mac remote. Is it possible to use the original xbox remote? I found this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39181, but i cant figure out how to do this on a appleTV.

2. Is it possible to make the AppleTV start xbmc on startup, and use it as dashboard? I have no need for frontrow.

Regards,

Eirik
eiiriik Wrote:1. I dont like the original mac remote. Is it possible to use the original xbox remote?

Probably not on the AppleTV in the near future. Launcher is using IR events from Backrow on the AppleTV, so a remote needs to send those events. Next thing that will be implemented is universal remote support. See this thread

eiiriik Wrote:2. Is it possible to make the AppleTV start xbmc on startup, and use it as dashboard? I have no need for frontrow.

This was already asked a few times. I'm still not sure if it's worth the trouble. IIRC davilla said this will be an option in the future.

HTH

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:This was already asked a few times. I'm still not sure if it's worth the trouble. IIRC davilla said this will be an option in the future.

HTH
As someone that has non-Apple users around me considering to import AppleTVs for the sole purpose of running XBMC, I'd say this is a pretty important criteria.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
eiiriik Wrote:Hi guys,

first of all; i really LOVE that you have ported xbmc to mac, and especially appletv, but I have a few queistions..

1. I dont like the original mac remote. Is it possible to use the original xbox remote? I found this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39181, but i cant figure out how to do this on a appleTV.

2. Is it possible to make the AppleTV start xbmc on startup, and use it as dashboard? I have no need for frontrow.

1) Not possible without using a replacement IR receiver which also means enabling USB device support.

2) Dashboard does not exist on the AppleTV. What you are asking is to replace Finder.app with XBMC.app. It's possible but other issues have to be resolved first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Using the original XBOX remote0