Converting Skin into a 4:3 Solution
Hi,
I've got a "problem" (its not a special problem with MediaStream, but this skin is very popular at the moment so I am asking here).
How complicated is it to covert that skin into a 4:3 solution? Do I have to change all the ressource-images from the textures.xpr or do I have to change every *.xml-File or both?
I think that these new skins (even Aeon) are on my "old" 4:3 Televison very nice if they are changed a little bit (fonts etc.).
My problem is just that I do not really get "into" that project because I don't know where i have to start and how to convert the resolution...

...okay, I know that it sounds now as if I do not have any idea from all the stuff, but I really just need some "food for thought" because the Skinning Tutorials are for me still a bit too complicated.

...and English is not my first language Big Grin

I hope anyone can help just a little bit Wink Thank you.
Not sure this is the best place to ask as we've already converted this skin for 4x3 so you won't need to do anything to convert it.

As for converting other skins (see how helpful we are Nod) there are lots of ways of doing it but the most common is to copy all the files from the 720p (or PAL16x9) folder into the PAL folder and then update the sizes and positions etc so that they better fit the 4x3 screen (and this could entail creating new images).

This isn't the method we chose as it means having to update multiple copies of the files when making any changes to the skin, instead we moved all the sizes and positions to includes and then moved them in to the PAL folder and changed those. (This is easier for longer term maintenance but needs a lot more thought and consideration up front)

Hope that helps Big Grin
We are still using a 4x3 CRT and the only trouble we ever had was everything looking to small and distant. We solved the issues by making a NTSC folder and copying the PAL files into it. We also upped the font sizes by 5 in said folder. Great skin!
Oh funny, now I see that the Skin supports 4:3. 2 weeks ago I just saw that it does not support it. Thank you...anytime i will try "the covert" with Aeon^^ (or is that like helping an ennemy for you? Big Grin )

Thanks =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Converting Skin into a 4:3 Solution0