Video Playback is scramble
Hi,

This is the first time I'm using XBMC. So far, everything going well except for the Video playback. Really sure it's very easy to fix.

The problem is very hard to describe.
- The video start playing very fast
- The image are down-scale in left-up corner
- The screen are sort of mix of the image itself with weird effect
- Taking up many CPU resources when pause or stop

Here my configuration :
- Ubuntu Hardy
- XBMC installed from PPA (deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-hardy/ubuntu hardy main)
- ATI Card (Radeon x300 mobility)

I don't know witch other information you need ; I don't know what XBMC use to render video playback.

Regards,

Patrik Dufresne
Hi Patrik, welcome to the forums.

A search of the forums for "glrectanglehack" should do the trick.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi Jonathan,

I manage to find what you point me.
I create a new file in ~/.xmbc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml whit the following content:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<glrectanglehack>yes</glrectanglehack>
</advancedsettings>

I still have other problem. Maybe it's some remaining bug that will be fix in final release.
- When I change the language the video play faster until I came back to English. (I think it's relate the the sample rate that are different for each audio track)
- Then "menu" when playing a video doesn't alway respond well with the mouse. Several time, when I click on a button (play, stop, foward revers, setting, audio, etc.) it's doesn't react. I need to press 'Enter' key. Same thing happen in the DVD Menu. I need to use keyboard instead of mouse.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playback is scramble0