Manual Install/Update
I have been having problems updating XBMC/Boxee with Launcher 0.4
My system is running on AppleTV 2.0.2 and have enabled SSH previously so i did not use atvusb-creator.

I understand i could do a factory reset, update then use atvusb-creator to install everything but i want to completely avoid this as i have a few things running the way i want ie. EyeTV with remote functionality.

I have been using XBMC Atlantis 2 and Boxee (before 20th October update) which i installed manually but when trying to update anything in the launcher it does nothing. It just clicks and does not move into the download screen.

So i tried uninstalling everything (except the settings folders, i want to avoid deleting this so i can keep all the movie/tv show scrapes) and installed Launcher 0.4 and the same thing occured... which was nothing.

I reinstalled XBMCLauncher and Boxee .frappliance which i grabbed from the newest version of atvusb-creator and copied to /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns but this only allowed me to update to XBMC Atlantis 1.

Is there a way to download XBMC Atlantis 2 and latest version of Boxee manually (from my computer, not the launcher menu on AppleTV) and copy to /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns myself?
I noticed that if you update the launcher though the menu the newer version of xbmc and boxee appears, It seems as those are hard coded into the launcher, but I am not positive.
Hi docbrown,

Launcher 0.4 was not tested on ATV < 2.1. So this may the reason.
If you want to debug this, please post console.log to pastebin.

Current versions of launcher can be downloaded from Launcher's googlecode site.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for your responses.
MaestroDD i have pasted the logs onto pastebin

console.log
http://pastebin.com/m528cea69

xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/m35a43bd8
Hi docbrown,

thanks for the logs. It looks like there is a name clash with another plugin that uses QuDownloadConntroller.
I'll write you a PM with a new version in a second. Would be great if you could try it and post results.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
MaestroDD you are a champion =D
I was able to update to XBMC Atlantis 2 and the new version of Boxee without any hassles.

I was beginning to dread having to restore, repatch and reinstall everything but you have saved me alot of trouble.

Just wondering, which other plugin was causing the clash with QuDownloadController?

Thankyou!!!
docbrown Wrote:Just wondering, which other plugin was causing the clash with QuDownloadController?

May I pass that question back to you? Smile
nito, sapphire can't be, as I have them installed, too.
Probably softwaremenu...

probably is softwaremenu.
will this clash be resolved in future releases? if not i will let the developer know.
thanks again.
Yes, it's softwaremenu.
I've mailed tomcool but got no response so far.
Besides that, Launcher 0.5 will be released this weekend.

Thanks for the report!

Launcher 0.5 is released which fixes the problem.
If you can't update because of the problem above, there are some possibilities to fix it:

- manual update of Launcher (if you still have Launcher 0.3, update through Launcher's update menu after manual install to get proper keymap.xml)
- temporarily remove SoftwareMenu, update Launcher, reinstall SoftwareMenu

HTH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual Install/Update0