XBMC live installer
Am I missing something but I noticed that XBMC live runs on a (share) of hardware and runs well. I don't really see an option to transfer as-is as an operating system. At present I have to install Ubuntu, ditch tons of applications the standard install brings me (well, maybe mini does work, haven't tried), much with the boot loader to get the nice logo, much with the startup to boot into XBMC - Is there a way to lay down that image onto a hard drive and run it straight from there?
rernst Wrote:Am I missing something but I noticed that XBMC live runs on a (share) of hardware and runs well. I don't really see an option to transfer as-is as an operating system. At present I have to install Ubuntu, ditch tons of applications the standard install brings me (well, maybe mini does work, haven't tried), much with the boot loader to get the nice logo, much with the startup to boot into XBMC - Is there a way to lay down that image onto a hard drive and run it straight from there?
Perhaps reading the Release Notes would help.

Quote:* enhanced XBMC Live creator, with bug fixes and new functionality such as install to hard disk. WARNING: THE HARD DISK WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED!
pumkinut Wrote:Perhaps reading the Release Notes would help.

Great! Sorry for missing this. Yes, I want the disk to be nuked, essentially vanilla boxe(es).

BTW - Now that I have used this piece of software for a while I must say you have done an *outstanding* job here. It is simply amazing how well everything works and how well thought out it is. Forget Media Center.

If I could only get a hardware cursor now ;-). Maybe there is another option I overlooked. Not important.

Excellent and keep it up!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC live installer0