Trying to understand NFO files with TV Show library
gabbott Wrote:billyad2000, I'll give that a test shortly and report back.

Was going to test this but what is the apikey to be used?
This issue sounds very similar to one I was experiencing with xbox Atlantis-B2 - Has anyone tried with the later windows builds, all of my issues relating to nfo's were fixed.....

In B2, XBMC seemed to load the nfo into the library & then do a TVDB scrape immediately afterwards, thus overwritting the nfo information. This then stopped new episodes from being recognised that had nfo's unless the TV Show was deleted i.e. the TVSHOW.nfo was somehow refreshed.

Anyway may be worth testing a windows build incase its been remedied already.
Please try version 1.997

Download

This version has support for <episodeguideurl> tags
billyad2000 Wrote:Please try version 1.997

Download

This version has support for <episodeguideurl> tags

Thanks for the update. I tried it but even with the link in the episodeguideurl it generates, this still isnt working.

So essentially, when there is a tvshow.nfo present, any episodes that dont have a nfo file arent added to the library.

I'll compile a new windows build and test with that.

Edit: just tested on a new windows build and get the same results
gabbott Wrote:Thanks for the update. I tried it but even with the link in the episodeguideurl it generates, this still isnt working.

So essentially, when there is a tvshow.nfo present, any episodes that dont have a nfo file arent added to the library.

I'll compile a new windows build and test with that.

Edit: just tested on a new windows build and get the same results

You need to raise this in the bugs forum, I asked spiff and he told me that that was the correct format for the episodeguideurl
not sure if this will be of help, probably not... but i had a problem samiliar to the TC, new items wouldn't get added unless i deleted the TVShow.nfo, well, come to find out the reason was because the <numberofeps> or whatever it was called... after i increased the value, the new eps would get added

like i said, probably wont be of any help, your problem might be different, just thought i'd share
gabbott Wrote:Thanks for the update. I tried it but even with the link in the episodeguideurl it generates, this still isnt working.

So essentially, when there is a tvshow.nfo present, any episodes that dont have a nfo file aren't added to the library.

This seems to be the reverse to the issue we were getting in B2.

The issue we had was that even though a tvshow.nfo existed, XBMC was getting the nfo info & then doing an internet scrape to TVDB. So effectively in the library contained the internet information only. But this only happened if you did an automatic scan when creating the source. Doing an update Library loaded the nfo no worries.

Now you wouldn't think that would be an issue affecting episodes but it is for some reason, since you would think the information between the TVshow internet scrape & the TVShow nfo would be the same.

Your issue where you get the nfo to load into the library is somehow stopping internet scrapes from being recognised as part of the same TV show.

Interesting....?

I wonder if the fix for my problem, has stopped your method from working?

(I hope not Confused)

Best way is to log a bug report...they will then investigate.....BTW they could never repeat the problem I had, but several people had it & it was doing it on xbox & windows until I tried a latter version of the windows build.
They fixed a few things but I don't think it was ever explained exactly what the issue was.

Cheers
Richard
NineT9mustang Wrote:not sure if this will be of help, probably not... but i had a problem samiliar to the TC, new items wouldn't get added unless i deleted the TVShow.nfo, well, come to find out the reason was because the <numberofeps> or whatever it was called... after i increased the value, the new eps would get added

like i said, probably wont be of any help, your problem might be different, just thought i'd share

Thanks for the input, I just checked and it doesnt seem related to the <episode> tag.

When I get some time I'm going to get an official bug report filed. I can duplicate this behavior on both the xbox and windows final Atlantis builds.

I have to do some more testing as my files are on remote SMB shares and see if I get same results if the files are local.
Did anyone get around to creating a bug report for this? I've just run into in the latest build I downloaded (8.10 Compiled Nov 13 2008)

It's a pain in the behind because if you have multiple xbox's in your house (like we do) and you go to the effort of creating NFO files to speed up the scraping from the individual xboxs, when new episodes are added they are completely ignored until you manually create a nfo file for it.

I've gone to the effort of modifying a ruby script I found to automatically run when a torrent is finished and shifted into the correct tv shows folder, but I shouldn't have to do this. XBMC should fall back to scraping an episode if it does not find an NFO file for it.
there is no bug whatsoever. i'm getting tired of explaining this........

if you add a tvshow.nfo without a valid <episodeguide> tag, then we do not know where to fetch info about episode. hence we can only scan episodes with nfo's. if you however add the required tag we operate just as you want it to
Docs updated, spiff plans to make it even easier on us poor users Smile
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...y#TV_Shows
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5745
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hehe, you users aren't the one i wanted to make it easier on ;P
Hi,

could you clarify if this is working on Atlantis release or only for recent SVN builds?

Also, there is conflicting information between what it is said in this thread and what's written on the wiki:
1. On the forum, spiff is referring to the <episodeguide> tag but the wiki says that the tag is <episodeguideurl>.
2. On the forum, we're speaking about linking a XML (like en.xml) file whereas in the wiki, it's specified to link to a ZIP file (like en.zip).

Currently, I have a folder that is setup like this:

TVShowName/
TVShowName/tvshow.nfo
TVShowName/Season 1/
TVShowName/Season 1/s01e01.avi
TVShowName/Season 1/s01e01.nfo
TVShowName/Season 1/s01e02.avi
TVShowName/Season 1/s01e02.nfo
TVShowName/Season 1/s01e03.avi
TVShowName/Season 1/s01e03.nfo
TVShowName/Season 2/
TVShowName/Season 2/s01e01.avi
TVShowName/Season 2/s01e02.avi
TVShowName/Season 2/s01e03.avi

As you can see, in the season 2 folder I don't have any .nfo file.

I want XBMC to detect that there are episodes in the season 2 folder and add them to the library.

In the tvshow.nfo file, I've tried a combinations of ways to specify the URL where to fetch episode information (episodeguide tag + xml file, episodeguide tag + zip file, episodeguideurl tag + xml file, episodeguideurl tag + zip file).
I've made sure that URLs are valid (they load just fine in a browser).

I've tried to update the library using the following ways:
1. find new content
2. update library
3. remove tvshown_name from library and then update library

The result is always the same, episodes from season 1 that have .nfo file are added, episodes without .nfo file are not detected at all.

In the debug log output I can see that XBMC is finding every file (the regexes are matching episodes from both season 1 and season 2).
Then XBMC begin to collect information for each file and look for the .nfo file of each episode. When it gets to episodes that have no .nfo file, it just skips searching and go for the next episode until there is no more episode to look for.
At no time I see something about connecting to thetvdb to fetch new episode information.

If I remove all .nfo files, XBMC collects information from thetvdb just fine.

Any thoughts on this? How it is supposed to work?
The only thing I want is to tell to XBMC where to look for episode information as I have some shows where a regular search based on folder name won't work.
from the source of xbmc
CStdString strEpGuide = m_parser.Parse("EpisodeGuideUrl");

so it's EpisodeGuideUrl

example for "Chuck" in english is as follows
<episodeguideurl>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/80348/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>
I've tried with <episodeguideurl> and it doesn't work with Atlantis.
Maybe it's only working with SVN builds?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to understand NFO files with TV Show library0