Custom filter possible for filenames in Library Import?
Hi All. I've tried searching but i haven't found a answer to this question. Is it possible to apply a custom filter to the file names being sent for search (at IMDB.com)?

I have adopted a standard filename scheme a while ago that has the movie name and at the end a underscore and the imdb id number.

Example:
Aliens.vs.Predator_tt0758730.avi

This allows other software i have written to always find the correct item at imdb.com for descriptions, etc.

Problem is, the entire string of title + imdb # often fails the search thru XBMC. If i edit the title being searched to be just the imdb number (tt0758730 in my example) it always gets the right data in XBMC from IMDB.com. I was hoping somewhere i could apply a regular expression/filter to only pass the IMDB number to the scraper/movie details import code.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!
Yes - there is a filter applied before it hits IMDb, but it's currently hardcoded.

Your best bet is to checkout http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/li...s/IMDB.cpp - see the GetURL() routine - you could grab the imdb number out directly there and use that.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I need to get a development environment built for this and try it out.
Looks like this thread has been dead for a while... Have there been any updates or successes in this matter? I have a very similar file-naming convention in use and it could save me loads of time if I could have access to the regular expression in use to filter filenames for submission to imdb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom filter possible for filenames in Library Import?0