XBMC on Apple TV - How to UN-Install it ?
Question 
Dears,

the XBMC is GREAT, but ..due to my mistake of changing a setting, the XBMC is not working anymore .. ( it freezes and gives me ERROR 11 - or sometimes ERROR 10 ) and freezes and tilds my A.TV
Huh
I was thinking on UN-INSTALLING it and run the UBS-stick patch loader again.

The only concern is that I've saw the following message in the installing instructions :"
No
..." WARNING: DO NOT RUN THE USB PATCHSTICK TWICE, there is an error that will require a Apple TV Factory Restore to fix if you run the PATCHSTICK twice. Much apologies if this has happened and a new version is on its way up. Once again, DO NOT RUN a patchstick made from atvusb-creator-1.0.0.b1.tar.gz TWICE. "...

Shocked
SO... what do I have to do ?

May I run the XBMC instaling software again ?..

I do have the last updated version of Atlantis and the XBMC/Boxee launcher installed .

Can someone help and advice ?

THanks.
TIOCOSARolleyes
Easiest fix it to remove XBMC's settings folder, which should give you a clean start with XBMC again.
ssh into your appleTV and do:
Code:
rm -rf /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tiocosa Wrote:Dears,

the XBMC is GREAT, but ..due to my mistake of changing a setting, the XBMC is not working anymore .. ( it freezes and gives me ERROR 11 - or sometimes ERROR 10 ) and freezes and tilds my A.TV
Huh
I was thinking on UN-INSTALLING it and run the UBS-stick patch loader again.

The only concern is that I've saw the following message in the installing instructions :"
No
..." WARNING: DO NOT RUN THE USB PATCHSTICK TWICE, there is an error that will require a Apple TV Factory Restore to fix if you run the PATCHSTICK twice. Much apologies if this has happened and a new version is on its way up. Once again, DO NOT RUN a patchstick made from atvusb-creator-1.0.0.b1.tar.gz TWICE. "...

Shocked
SO... what do I have to do ?

The important part of this message is "DO NOT RUN a patchstick made from atvusb-creator-1.0.0.b1.tar.gz TWICE". Did you make the patchstick using atvusb-creator-1.0.0.b1? If yes, then don't run it twice. If you made the patchstick from any version released after b1, then the warning does not apply.
I recieved the same warning today shortly after updating the xbmc and boxee software. It happened after the airtunes connected and played for awhile. did a reboot and works fine again. However I have not reconnected with airtunes.
yes! the exactttt same thing happened to me

were you successfulll?
Mr.Bill Wrote:I recieved the same warning today shortly after updating the xbmc and boxee software. It happened after the airtunes connected and played for awhile. did a reboot and works fine again. However I have not reconnected with airtunes.

What warning did you see? "WARNING: DO NOT RUN THE USB PATCHSTICK TWICE" is a warning in the notes on the atvusb-creator wiki and does not appear at runtime.

If "ERROR 11 - or sometimes ERROR 10", that's an XBMC crash. paste the crashreporter log to http://www.pastebin.com and post the URL here so we can see what is the problem.

search the forum for crashreporter for more info..
Sorry for the lack of information. I received error 11. I will post the crash report if the problem surfaces again.
I tried to retrieve the crashreporter going in through putty but was unsuccessful.I used what I thought where the correct commands that I located on Google. I will admit that i am not familiar with crashreporter. I'm running the aTv using only a windowsXP based pc if that makes a difference?. I did notice that the error 11 caomes after a long inactive period possibly the screen saver trying to run. The xbmc reboots itself then gives the error.
Mr.Bill Wrote:I tried to retrieve the crashreporter going in through putty but was unsuccessful.I used what I thought where the correct commands that I located on Google. I will admit that i am not familiar with crashreporter. I'm running the aTv using only a windowsXP based pc if that makes a difference?. I did notice that the error 11 caomes after a long inactive period possibly the screen saver trying to run. The xbmc reboots itself then gives the error.

The crashreporter log is located on the AppleTV. Your host is immaterial.

/Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log

/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
Hope this works. This is the first time I've used crashreporter and pastebin.Huh

http://pastebin.com/m766a6aca
Mr.Bill Wrote:Hope this works. This is the first time I've used crashreporter and pastebin.Huh

http://pastebin.com/m766a6aca

Quote:Thread 11 Crashed:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x900061aa szone_free + 2100
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90005768 free + 728
2 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x00673021 HTML::CHTMLUtil::ConvertHTMLToAnsi(CStdStr<char> const&, std::ba
sic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&) + 241
3 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x006a3e4e CRssReader::GetNewsItems(TiXmlElement*, int) + 958
4 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x006a4af9 CRssReader:Tonguearse(int) + 1257
5 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x006a55a3 CRssReader:Tonguearse(char*, int) + 339
6 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x006a5b98 CRssReader:Tonguerocess() + 1112
7 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x006b32af CThread:ConfusedtaticThread(void*) + 79
8 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x0052b553 InternalThreadFunc(void*) + 131
9 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x0084ea2e SDL_RunThread + 57
10 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x00893a72 RunThread + 17
11 libSystem.B.dylib 0x900243e7 _pthread_body + 84

RssReader crashed doing a ConvertHTMLToAnsi. "long inactive period", how long? The AppleTV screensaver is disabled when XBMC is running under XBMCLauncher 0.5 so it would have to be the XBMC screen saver.

How is your XBMC screen saver setup?
I have not made any changes to xbmc. The only thing that I did was to install the latest updates for both xbmc and boxee. The defaults are still in place.
The screen saver on the aTv side was still on. dont know if that was the cause.
http://pastebin.com/m5b2a449c

Another crash tonight. Now when startup from frontrow, it freezes. Have to unlpug the aTv to reset.
Mr.Bill Wrote:http://pastebin.com/m5b2a449c

Another crash tonight. Now when startup from frontrow, it freezes. Have to unlpug the aTv to reset.

You mean when xbmc is launched from XBMCLauncher?

Quote:Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x20202028

Backtrace not available

Bad crash, no backtrace so I can't see what the problem was. Was xbmc installed using XBMC Launcher 0.5?

I would toss userdata and reinstall xbmc using XBMC Launcher 0.5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Apple TV - How to UN-Install it ?0