How can I keep this glitch?
Hey guys,

I've got a problem where sometimes Aeon will load up with a slight 'glitch' that removes the reflective element at the bottom of the screen so that it looks like this:

as opposed to this:

The thing is, I actually like the 'glitch' version better since it allows more of the fan art to be visible, so I'm just wondering if anybody knows which xml files I'll need to edit in order to keep this as permanent?

Thanks for any help! Laugh
I like that too!

I want the whole fan art to be visible, unless someone else have an idea...
I already asked to make that "smudge" less opaque.
It's there to serve as background for the title.

I think it's there to create some kind of illusion of a spotlight. Not sure about that, but anyhow I did like the idea of such a spotlight.

For a 'better' implementation it should be a bit blue, less opaque, smoother fading.

The end result should at least be that the background is better visible and in case there is no title, it should be off of course...

I also would like the showcase a bit lower... The reflections are nice, but less "informative" than the fanart itself. I mean... keep the reflections, but make them shorter...
I agree with all of you... Would be nice to have a very fanart friendly view.

I personally like the horizontal scrolling... Though a vertical solution may work well with fanart...

I am looking into modding these aspects, I would:

1. reduce the size of the covers, 10-15%. Probably keep the size of the "selected" movie.

2. Move the "selected" cover to the far left side of the screen. Maybe keep 1 non-selected cover on the left side though...

3. Lower the cover area as low as it can go (yet still allow the selected cover to enlarge)

4. Move the title/genres to the upper right/left corner and keep in a 1 small(er) flat line.
Go to MyVideoNav.xml in the 720p folder.
Make a backup before you edit it.

at line 60 hide/delete/etc. this part:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <include>mediabackgroundfolder</include>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>
    <texture>showcasefilter.png</texture>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(eeemode) + [Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(55) | Control.IsVisible(57)]</visible>
</control>

For those using Horizons, go to the same file, hide/delete/etc. this on line 85:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>
    <texture>showcasefilter2.png</texture>
    <visible>[Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(57) | Control.IsVisible(59)]</visible>
</control>

<control type="image">
    <texture>showcasefilter4.png</texture>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(55) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)]</visible>
</control>-->
jalesm Wrote:Go to MyVideoNav.xml in the 720p folder.
Make a backup before you edit it.

at line 60 hide/delete/etc. this part:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <texture>showcasefilter.png</texture>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(eeemode) + [Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(55) | Control.IsVisible(57)]</visible>
</control>

For those using Horizons, go to the same file, hide/delete/etc. this on line 85:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <visible>[Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(57) | Control.IsVisible(59)]</visible>
</control>

<control type="image">
    <texture>showcasefilter4.png</texture>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(55) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)]</visible>
</control>-->

That worked great, just what I needed! Thanks so much! LaughLaughLaughLaugh
I'm running Horizonz Vol III and deleted those 2 entries entirely and I still have that layer.
I restarted XBMC another time as I thought I might have forgotten it....
Am I misunderstanding something?
file mode? i think jalesm's tip works for library only..
I'm still trying to figure it out in regular Aeon, but for files mode in Horizonz open MyVideo.xml, go to line 119 and take care of this section:
Code:
<control type="image">
</control>
R111 Wrote:file mode? i think jalesm's tip works for library only..

Oh, ok...
Yes, file-mode....
Library mode is not fool-proof in my opinion....
If I can't find a movie in xbmc I want to rely on it that it's not there... In library mode it could be a glitch in the library.

I guess it's possible to do it there as well, no?
jalesm Wrote:I'm still trying to figure it out in regular Aeon
Oh, was hoping you found the string.. Oo
jalesm Wrote:I'm still trying to figure it out in regular Aeon
just found it for Aeon.

MyVideo.xml - line 96
Code:
    <control type="image">
        <texture flipy="true" diffuse="tvmask.png">photowallpaper.png</texture>
        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(eeemode) + [Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(57) | Control.IsVisible(55)]</visible>
    </control>

for me i prefer just to lower then texture by adding <posy>200</posy> below <control type="image"> for both MyVideo.xml & MyVideoNav.xml

also in MyVideo.xml change <texture flipy="true" diffuse="tvmask.png">photowallpaper.png</texture> with <texture>showcasefilter.png</texture> to match both file mode and library mode.
Now how do we get rid of the fade on Wall view? Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I keep this glitch?0