MediaStream v0.96 Released (30/10/2008)
It's been a few weeks since the last release as things have been rather hectic for us but we've still been working away on the skin and have hopefully dealt with a number of the issues that have been raised in feedback since the last release.

The biggest noticeable difference in this release is the addition of the new Wall Stream view (which as the name suggests is a wall style view). It currently works best with portrait aspect thumbs or music album covers but we're planning to add support for episode thumbs in a future release.

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:
  • Added: Wall Stream view for widescreen and 4x3 (currently works best with portrait posters and album covers)
  • Added: Option to hide info area in Wall Stream view
  • Added: Chinese (Simple) translation
  • Added: Music Videos link to Home screen (in Music sub-menu)
  • Added: Coverflow and Wall Stream view to Programs screen
  • Added: Coverflow and Wall Stream view to Pictures screen
  • Added: Alternative font sets (Alt Default, Alt Bigger and Alt Massive) which use the old default font
  • Added: Fade on the left hand side of the RSS area (to mirror the fade that was already on the right)
  • Added: Display of the skin version no. (and SVN revision) to the System Info screen
  • Fixed: Missing background in Settings screens
  • Fixed: Alignment and position of larger clock
  • Fixed: Vertical alignment of text in Media Count
  • Fixed: Height of buttons on Weather screen
  • Fixed: Lining up of reflections in Coverflow for 4x3
  • Fixed: Media Count label for 4x3
  • Updated: Colour of text in the RSS feed (to make it easier to read)
  • Updated: Version of included XBMC Lyrics script
  • Updated: Removed the blue AM/PM from the clock (until we can sort out the alignment issues that happen with single digit hours)
  • Updated: File Path in video info dialogs now auto scrolls
  • Updated: Video OSD layout so thumb is shown on right if plot is hidden
  • Updated: Font to work better with foreign chars (thanks to haken)
  • Updated: Path for lyrics script so it should work better on all platforms
  • Updated: Tidied up positioning of star rating image in video info dialogs, TV Wide view and Episodes view
  • Updated: Darker fade behind Yes/No dialog to make it easier to read text in dialog
  • Updated: Skinned the XBMC Lyrics UI to be more MediaStream-like
  • Updated: Overlay for Media screens (default theme) to be slightly more transparent

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems
Exclamation 
nice updated but i have notice this problem when i'm in the storage menu of the settings.

Till All Are One!!!!!
I just wanted to let you know that you have a problem with your Rapid Share link. But your MediaFire link works just fine!
Thanks guys, nice work Wink
At last!
From RS: This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.
Thanks again Team Razorfish.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hi again

Thx for the new release, unfortunantly the new font still dont fix the unicode support (hebrew,arabic etc...). Cant there be an Alt font included (like the new alt ones) that can support unicode? pretty please Wink?

thx again

Zeltak
cyantist Wrote:I just wanted to let you know that you have a problem with your Rapid Share link. But your MediaFire link works just fine!

UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:From RS: This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Thanks, RapidShare link has now been removed.

zeltak Wrote:Hi again

Thx for the new release, unfortunantly the new font still dont fix the unicode support (hebrew,arabic etc...). Cant there be an Alt font included (like the new alt ones) that can support unicode? pretty please Wink?

thx again

Zeltak

The 'new' alt fonts are not new at all but the old fonts re-introduced for some people who preferred them.

As for hebrew and arabic support, if you can find a nice looking and free font that handles them then we can look into including it Nod
thx for the response skunkm0nkee

I will indeed look at fonts that work (im sure the problem is with other languages as well that use unicode not just hebrew etc...)
I dont know about the licensing of Arial but the font that comes with the default Xbmc theme (project mayhem) has arial as a font option and it works well (albeit being kinds ugly...;-)

thx again and ill keep you posted if i find anything

Zeltak
Lightbulb 
I have a great idea what to do to make skin full compatible with all international characters.

ADD ARIAL AS FONT TO CHOOSE

Arial is used inr PM3.HD and as far I know there are no problems with its license (I've checked it over Internet). It would finish all discussions about font problems with languages different than European ones...
haken Wrote:I have a great idea what to do to make skin full compatible with all international characters.

ADD ARIAL AS FONT TO CHOOSE

Arial is used inr PM3.HD and as far I know there are no problems with its license (I've checked it over Internet). It would finish all discussions about font problems with languages different than European ones...

Just thought about this and from what I can tell arial is actually included in XBMC itself and is then used by PM3.HD etc so there's no reason why we can't do the same. I'll look into adding some further font sets which use arial instead of the current default fonts (dependent on how it looks of course).
There should be a background under the volume level text which is appering in the top-left corner. It is hard to read when it is used with the vertical music OSD on the Vis screen (It lies on the album cover then...). Second thing: Perhaps a volume bar would be better than the actual text: "-x dB"...

Just wonderingWink
Aucard The 3rd Wrote:nice updated but i have notice this problem when i'm in the storage menu of the settings.

This has now been fixed for the next release.
is it just me or has the lyrics button stopped working altogether nowHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.96 Released (30/10/2008)1