MediaStream v0.96 Released (30/10/2008)
The more that gets added....the more memory issues the xbox will have.
Thanks for the latest update guys, looks great as always

And if the team doesn't mind, here's a Rapidshare mirror for those that need one

MediaStream v0.96.zip

Smile
MediaStream at this moment is the most advanced and content-rich skin for xbmc. But sometimes when you are checking some other skins what do they have to offer you find someting very interesting. I really thank you for the WallStream view - it works even on Xbox (standard thumb size) and it looks fantastic for me. The ONLY ONE view which I can't live without is on the image:

It is like Media Preview but descriptons show up a second after you stop exploring your movie collection - fanart is greatly visible (with nice semi-transparent overlays in the corners). I hope you consider adding such a view in not distant future. I know that everybody has his "point of View"Wink but I believe most people will agree with me that this would be brilliant to have ONE Fanart-Full-Friendly view.
haken......those pics aren't MediaStream. They are shots of Horizonz.
Not sure why but the XBOX memory issues have returned for me with this release...

with 0.95 I had no issues at all (using "Lite" theme and 960x540 fanart)

Now with 0.96 I have loads of memroy problems and have to constantly reboot to get files to play...

Exactly the same here, worked fine in 0.95 now major problems playing anything, for info i have the exact same settings shown above, using Lite version, fanart also the same and using it on XBOX. Dont want to sound at all ungrateful as i love this skin.

Thanks

Stunts
Yep, adding new views increases the memory usage slightly but we're looking into a couple of options to reduce memory usage again for the xbox. One is to add options to disable views and the other is to create an even liter version of the skin with even more images reduced or removed.

To be honest we're fighting a bit of a losing battle on the xbox (especially if you're expecting to make use of fanart and custom backgrounds) as the memory on the xbox is just not big enough to cope with the skin, the media and then fanart/custom backgrounds on top. Oo

We're doing all we can as most of us still use xboxes ourselves but if it comes to a choice between fanart and playing my media then playing my media wins every time.
I'm also a big fan of AEON, but only because it's a lot more "fanart friendly" and fanart is in my opinion what gives the Plex experience its dazzle.

MediaStream is a great and very functional skin, but it doesn't do much with fanart, which is a real shame.
Yep, that was a conscious decision we took early on with the skin. We wanted the media to be the focus of the UI so that you could navigate and find the media you wanted in a friendly usable manner. Fanart etc would be visible but shouldn't distract from the media (it is a media centre after all)

Maybe the next skin we do will be more fanart oriented. Wink
I have no problem that. Fanart is not the most important - it's a kind of an added value. I agree that additional views are not "the prime directive". Carry on! After v.1.0 release there will be time to consider some additionsWink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.96 Released (30/10/2008)1