Stop display from sleeping during playback
I have a problem where sometimes while watching a movie the screen will dim and it will go into what looks like an energy saving mode. At the same time XBMC normally drops out of full screen. Usually pressing a key on the remote will bring the brightness back + XBMC normally pops back into fullscreen mode itself.

Is there any way I can stop this from happening? I have turned 'Sleep Idle Timeout' set to off.

Also is there anyway to force xbmc to restart automatically if it ever crashes?
For eaxmple to run a shell script which does something like this:
while(1)
{
xbmc
}

That syntax isn't right for a shell script but you get the idea. Finally does anyone know what the --standalone flag does, would it help me in this situation?
TC i had a similiar problem it was the power saving options in Ubuntu itself i turned it all off and no longer does it dim
lol This is happening to me as well though in windows version.

I was puzzled because like you Sleep idle was turned off...

I did find there is a screensaver setup in xbmc... can't remember which option group but its there... I turned it off but have not been able to confirm if this fixes it yet (I just turned off screensaver last night)
execute this before launching xbmc to turn of display power mgmt off. this is probably responsible for the screen blanking:

xset -dpms

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop display from sleeping during playback0