Ubuntu streaming to 360
I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid on my desktop and wondering if xbmc will stream to my 360? I would like to be able to stream my iso's of my dvd collection. On windows I was using vlc360 to accomplish this. Right now I'm using the trial version of twonky but my iso's don't show up. I love the look of xbmc and it seems very polished. I wish the 360 would allow xbmc to be used in place of media center. Thanks.
Why not just replace the 360 with a computer running XBMC and enjoy the added functionality and nicer interface?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
xbmc does not run on xbox 360 and it's unlikely it will any time in the near future.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
malloc Wrote:xbmc does not run on xbox 360 and it's unlikely it will any time in the near future.

That's not what he's looking to do. As it stands now you can stream FROM media center TO the 360. He wishes to replace media center and stream FROM XBMC. IMO that doesn't make sense since XBMC plays more formats, has more media functionality, and a friendlier interface - I'd just use XBMC as my media front-end to shared videos. Why "stream"Huh?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I have a 360, and I haven't tried it yet, but why not flip on the upnp server aspect of XMBC and give it a try? I know the mythtv streams GREAT to the 360. I'd imagine the xbmc will work somewhat.

Ramptu Wrote:I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid on my desktop and wondering if xbmc will stream to my 360? I would like to be able to stream my iso's of my dvd collection. On windows I was using vlc360 to accomplish this. Right now I'm using the trial version of twonky but my iso's don't show up. I love the look of xbmc and it seems very polished. I wish the 360 would allow xbmc to be used in place of media center. Thanks.
What would be nice to stream to the 360 is Music. You can then listen to all your music collection while playing games on the 360.
TC!! Wrote:What would be nice to stream to the 360 is Music. You can then listen to all your music collection while playing games on the 360.

Wow, is this thread even about XBMC anymore?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
What i actually want to know is. Will it be possible or is it possible to use xbmc like i use tversity for my xbox 360 now? It would be awsome if i could use the scripts and streams that can be used with xbmc. Tversity has something simulair but its just not as cool as xbmc. It would be an awsome feature i am sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu streaming to 3600