Error -1073741772: share not available
1) Windows Vista Atlantis 2 installed.
2) Every time I try to Add a Source (in file view) > Windows Network (SMB), I get "Error -1073741772: share not available".
3) Have two separate computers and both give me the same error.
4) Tried turning off Firewall, but error still persists.

- How to correct this problem?

G.
I am having the same problem. XBMC does not see my IP correctly in the status menu, either.

I was able to work around this by turning off simple file sharing, and mounting shares as drives in explorer. XBMC will then let me use/add/browse my shares, but the internal samba client is broken for me too.
Please search the forum. Tons of thread are available about this topic.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
What letter did you assign your shares?

I found that xbmc maps some drives on its own... Z:, T:, Q:, U: are a few from the log on my vista test box...

My media was mapped to Z: and I was having a similar problems when trying to access that drive letter.

I resolved the issue by remapping my data to K:
Sorry Wiso.

1) So basically SMB does not work under Windows;
2) One way around this is to MAP the folder as a network drive under windows, except you can't map it to the drives reserved by XBMC (Z, T, Q, U, P - I think).

-G
G.Karam Wrote:Sorry Wiso.

1) So basically SMB does not work under Windows;
2) One way around this is to MAP the folder as a network drive under windows, except you can't map it to the drives reserved by XBMC (Z, T, Q, U, P - I think).

-G

1) can't fully agree as it works for some including me. searching for shares doesn''t work but when I type in an IP and the share name I can access my drives

2) correct

the smb client is old and to update it would cost a lot of effort. After Atlantis I will use the Windows API to map those drives to drive letter with XBMC.
The reserved drive letters are also legacies which will take some time to get rid off.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Smb works for me, but when playing videofiles xbmc often drops back to the menu. I have mapped my drives, as suggested in another thread, but windows will not reconnect to the drives automatically as it should. Seems like the only way to do this is to write a bat file which maps the drives every time I start the PC. Mapping the drives seems to fix the problem btw.
WiSo Wrote:1) can't fully agree as it works for some including me. searching for shares doesn''t work but when I type in an IP and the share name I can access my drives

Same for me, just did it a few hours ago on vista
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
i get the same thing and sometimes it says remote share failed its a fresh install of xbmc on my xbox i did the same on the other xbox samething cannot get my home network to work it shows xbox with a thing going around it then fails any help ??
xbox is not supported here.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error -1073741772: share not available0