UPnP shares supported in Library Mode - Scan and scrape UPnP shares to XBMC database?
Lightbulb 
Hi this is my first post and been using XBMC for a few years now. Its been a while since i upgraded and was using a old version that accessed my XP pc using SMB protocol.

I recently upgraded to vista so i had to upgrade XBMC and it has changed a lot from my old version Smile. I set up the media server using WMP11 and andded my files where i store TV shows.
On the xbox i added the folder via the add source menu system no problem, i set the content to tv shows but it will not do a scan no matter what i do so there for i can not use the Video Library. Is there some sort of restriction becuase im using UPNp protocol? If so i might try and get SMB working from vista.

To test this out not only on my xbox i installed XBMC on my pc and it done the same thing when using UPNp. I then added a folder directly to my hard drive on the pc and it started scanning and adding the relevant data to the library and it works great (very impressed).

So am i missing something and being stupid as i dont know what to do next after reading most of the manual.

Thanks

Craig
Just installed XBMC on my atv and it is fabulous. I have it playing files off a uPnP server on my MacMini (twonkymedia). Brilliant software !

One problem I have however, is that it will not build the Library. I have the media type set to Film for my films and TV Series for my TVs. When I tell it to go get the Library details, it brings up the bar and then sits forever. Last time i ran it it took over an hour and was under 1/3 done. Tried to cancel it and it just hung the atv.

I then cleared the library and went in to get it to just scan one single file and it just sits there on it.

Any ideas ?

Roy.
Yea, we don't support importing a upnp library into our own.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks.

Any thoughts on putting up a banner saying that as you add upnp shares ?
Is there anyway to show a UPNP source (that has no content set on it) in the library mode menu. Currently, I have to switch to file mode to browse it. The content behind the source changes a lot so I don't want to actually add it to the library.

I was looking through the wiki and could not find anything.

Thanks!
currently no
Question 
I have a main media server running Tversity and I use XBMC on my computers and Xbox to connect to it. I use the video tab to add my media server as a source. I go to set the content type and at the same time I tell it to use IMDB to get all the cover art and movie info. After going back into the media server folder nothing has been done to the files and they say "NOWN Genre" above each title. It also doesn't add the movies to my movie library. When I go to my main computer and do the same thing on the files where they are local, the imdb scraper works as it should and the movies are added to the movie library. How can I get the scraper to work like it does on the computer where the videos are local? Thank you in advance.

Debug Log:
http://pastebin.com/f4c2bc598
Not possible at this point, sorry. There's already an upnp library scan issue ticket on trac (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5724).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Question 
Hello,

I am new to XBMC, please excuse my ignorance.

I have XBMC on two PCs. On PC1 I use XBMC as a UPnP server. On PC2 I use the XBMC UPnP client. I can successfully add the source (e.g., Video Library/Files) and browse through it. I have problems with enabling the Library on PC2.

I set the content and scanned all the files on PC1. I also enabled the Library mode on PC1 and it works fine.

I have trouble enabling the Library mode on PC2. I set the content and XBMC says that it is downloading information from the internet. I am not sure if that happens. It takes some time but it takes much less than on PC1. Anyway, the Library button does not become active.

If I manually add one of the movies form PC1 to the library on PC2, then the Library button becomes enabled but the library only contains that movie.

Is is not possible to automatically add all the movies from the UPnP source to library?

Do other remote access protocols (e.g., SMB) automatically add the movies from the source to the library?

Thanks.
Not much hope for it getting fixed soon seeing as it was moved back to the "Future/Pending" milestone. Could be some time next year...Sad
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5724
Indeed, as we do not have static paths to scan and identify the content there's nothing we can do at this point. New database/infoscanner might cover this, no promises and no ETA though.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I've been having some issues with Samba on one of my clients, where it isn't streaming smoothly. I read that switching to a Upnp server would fix that and it did. The videos now play smoothly over the network.

The issue I'm having is that no matter what I try, I can't get the videos to scan into the library. If I manually set the content of a folder containing a full season of tv episodes, it will scan the title of the folder correctly, add the thumbnail and fan art, but completely ignore any episodes within.

Also, it takes about 10 minutes for the attempt, during which the client computer slows to a crawl.

Am I missing something? I've gone back and added the same source via samba and it scans just fine, so the problem seems to be with the upnp. Do I need to do anything to the server or client?

XBMC sees the files and can play them, so I know my server is working correctly, it just won't scan anything.

I haven't tried it from the Xbox, I'm hoping to avoid tweaking that as it works perfectly as is.

This isn't a huge issue, but it's for the playroom and the kids like to see the pictures and fanart. Wink

I'm using xbmc beta 1 with Ubuntu Jaunty on both machines
Mediatomb upnp server

I can post the logs and any other information if needed.

Thanks in advance.
You can't scan items into the library from upnp sources - it is not supported.

I would try and look at what is causing you problems with samba - it should work just as well if not better than upnp.
Don't mean to bump something so old... but this is the post that came up from google when I was searching for an answer to this question.

I fooled around a bit more, and it does seem that xbmc can import a library via a upnp source... however, the upnp source must be connected at a lower level than "videos" or "movies"... In my case, I had to drill down to the "Titles" level when using add source for the upnp source.

It also didn't appear that XBMC was able to access the remote library information. It seemed to be doing an import via themoviedb.com and re-downloading all of those items into the local database. Finally, even though the items showed up in the library and were able to be accessed via that view, some things still seem a bit "off" - for example, hitting info on a movie doesn't properly bring up the screen with the movie info.

FYI - my upnp server was running XBMC 9.11 beta 2, and my upnp client version was XBMC 9.04 repack 2. The things I've just said may not be completely up to date, but I just wanted to leave a note of what I've seen so far because I am thinking of making a setup somewhat like this in the future, where my main XBMC PC has the library, which a second frontend just accesses via the network.
Is anyone able to get their library to work via upnp in Camelot? When I set the content for my upnp streams the scrapers do not work. However, when I set up the same folder via SMB it does.

I'm using Tversity, runnining 9.11 on an Acer Revo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP shares supported in Library Mode - Scan and scrape UPnP shares to XBMC database?0