Academy Award Winners Flagging and IMDb Top 250?
Lightbulb 
Question for the Scraper Dev's and possible feature request unless it's out there somewhere and I just haven't stumbled on it yet.

On the AppleTV there's a plugin called Sapphire which allows you to drill in and look at movies under two categories...Academy Award Winners and IMDB Top 250 (in order from 1 to 250 in your collection). I think it'd be cool to be able to drill in by these at the same place where you can drill in by genre, director, etc. on XBMC. IMDB has the info...is it possible to scrape this data (looks like imdb.xml gets the top 250 number) and use it? Sapphire does do one thing I wish was different though. They grab academy award winners in all categories (i.e. best movie, best actor, actress, etc.) and then labels the movie in Sapphire as an Academy Award Winner. I'd like to see just the best movie.

If someone thinks this data is scrapable and listable then I'll write up a ticket request.

Thx
Top 250 is already available, yes. It's probably available via smartplaylists.

Academy award winners is not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ahhh, excellent. Seems to work pretty well except it doesn't seem to order by its top 250 ranking, but instead by name. I've tried setting the playlist up with Order by Top 250 with both descending checked and unchecked with no difference. It always seems to be overridden by the skin (MediaStream) Sort By Name. Oh well, pretty close to what I needed and Smart Playlists look very powerful (thought they only worked for Audio). Would be nice to see them ranked in order and have their ranking shown as I flip through them. Guess that's a request for the skinner so I'll do that as well as submit a Trac request for Academy Award winners.

Thx!
Change to Sort by Playlist should do the trick.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

MediaCenter didn't seem to have the sort by Playlist as all I saw was Name, Rating and Year. Switching to HorizonZ I now see it and selecting it does change the order a little better but still does not match the order I see at:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

Ex: My playlist shows Braveheart (#101) between 12 Angry Men (#10) and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (#100). And Casablanca (#11) is after them and actually further down my list (it should be way up the list). And The Godfather is way down the list and it should be showing at #2.

Hmmm, guess I'll just play around with the settings a little more. Maybe I screwed something up when I first set the playlist up.

Thanks for the help!
Ah - I suspect sqlite is doing a string sort for some reason, rather than a numeric sort. Not sure if anything can be done about that to be honest as the field is a text field (the db fields are deliberately all text fields so that we can change the layout easily without major changes.)

Cheers,
Jonathan

You are on appletv? If you can build yourself, this diff should do the trick for top250 (and other numeric fields):

http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/5...order.diff

Feel free to comment in the trac ticket.

Note that you'll have to preclude those items without top250 (i.e. add a rule to get rid of those with a top250 count of zero).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Yes, I am on an AppleTV.

Well, I gave it a shot but it seemed to get hung up. I followed these directions:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_compi...ource_code

And ran the command:
xcodebuild -parallelizeTargets -configuration Debug

But it got hung up at:

/bin/sh -c /Users/chrispy/Desktop/linuxport/XBMC/build/XBMC.build/Debug/configure.build/Script-F5AA724D0E4137B2001D4AC9.sh

I did notice the following errors when I tried to install the needed MacPorts dependencies before that with:

sudo port install libsdl-framework libsdl libsdl_gfx libsdl_image libsdl_mixer mysql5-devel libogg glew fribidi freetype libcdio lzo pcre

---> Activating perl5 5.8.8_0+darwin_9
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/bin/a2p is being used by the active perl5.8 port. Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force the activation.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libtool automake autoconf perl5
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

So I manually installed libtool, tried to install automake & autoconf but they were already installed and tried to install perl5 but it came back with:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/bin/a2p is being used by the active perl5.8 port. Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force the activation.

So I then tried to install it with the -f flag and then I got this:

---> Installing perl5 5.8.8_0+darwin_9
Error: Target org.macports.install returned: Registry error: perl5 @5.8.8_0+darwin_9 already registered as installed. Please uninstall it first.

So I tried to uninstall it and got this:

---> Unable to uninstall perl5 5.8.8_0+darwin_9, the following ports depend on it:
---> autoconf
Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on perl5 first.

And decided to stop there as with my limited Unix skills I just felt like I was digging myself a hole. Is there something straightforward I was missing? And is the end result an XBMC.app produced to throw up on my ATV?
Don't use macports - that readme info is out of date. Check the latest README.osx in SVN.

We have all the packages you need available on sourceforge - it's by far the easiest way to install the dependencies (and it'll then ensure that it builds for a 10.4 target).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Lightbulb 
Hi all,

Can somebody tell me how I might go about adding sections for the number of Oscars a film has won and where it lay on the IMDB top 250 last time a scrape was done?

I'm guessing I probably also have to modify the scraper.

This is a feature that's built into Sapphire for the AppleTV and I think it's really cool....

Cheers,

Pete
Hi all,

It would be really cool to have the IMDB movies scraper get info for IMBD top 250 and how many Oscars a film can have. It would make skins even cooler.

Thanks..

Pete
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=imdb+250

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Academy Award Winners Flagging and IMDb Top 250?0