full screen error and setup advice
Hi guys

caution some complete newb questions but anyway.

have a MBP and just downloaded the latest Beta. after struggling to find full screen mode (lol) I cracked that particular issue with some googling and gave myself a biscuit . The next wall I hit a blank.

When I connect to a TV (Sony 40v4000) via DVI>HDMI and enter full screen the XBMC player doesn't enter full screen instead it places itself mostly off screen?

Another question too, I have a 360 and soon to get a LCD TV (the 40V is not mine) what do you guys think is the best set up to display AV in my setup? straight to the TV from the MBC or via the 360?

Apologies if this is simple fix, new to this

Thanks

NOTE: do I need apple TV to run thisHuh I got fullscreen funning fine on the MBP screen just not the TV...
Hi,

did you try 'calibrating video' option to manually adjust screen position?

-HF
Hi, thanks for answering. The problem is the whole player skin locks itself in position as if filling the screen but is actually off to the bottom right.
another white window also launches.

The mouse responds to two different points at the same time, one inside the player and one on the display.... Huh

Also QT seems to blow up to fullscreen fine, shame it sucks at playing the video
Another note (borderline spamming now!) PLEX seems to work fine in full screen and I know they are based on the same original code...... i'd rather get XBMC working though as I know its the original
Well, it's a 'known' issue that the correct screen settings are a bit difficult to achieve right now. The current 'trick' in general s to select 'full screen' and not a specific 720/1080 setting....

Anyway, please allow your question some time to get some visibility by the rest of the community due to timezones etc.

Don't give up, never give up... ;-)

Thanks,
-HF
ha, thanks im keeping the faith... something to do while i'm not watching videos!
@huntaaar -> sounds like you are running dual-head on your MBP. beta2 has a problem with dual-head that is fixed in current svn version. I think another release is pending so a few more days.
OK great thanks

I could only see the beta option on the download options Sad

My head is buzzing over all this, in too deep! anyone got any thoughts on if its better to use the 360 or just go straight from the MBC?

do these later versions of xbmc still require me to mod my 360? I don't want to mess too much with the 360 and brick it through incompetence!

Amazing really that getting decent video playback requires so much knowledge

Ta
huntaaar Wrote:Amazing really that getting decent video playback requires so much knowledge

That's why it's called "beta" Smile
Do you have a link to the latest "safe" version? could only see the Beta on the download options.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
full screen error and setup advice0