Command line switches for XBMC
Sorry if this is a pain, but I have searched and my search-fu has come up lacking, but what are the command line switches in windows for XBMC? I know -fs is fullscreen, and I've seen -p. Are there any others? If so, is it documented anwhere? I tried both /? and -h, but neither shows anything, and XBMC just starts up normally.

Thanks
only -fs and -p are valid options. -p stands for platform mode -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...tories_.3F
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Great, that's all I needed to know.

Thanks
With all latest builds (tested since 10.0) "-fs" parameter is ignored.
Is it some bug or something else is wrong?
Karlson2k Wrote:With all latest builds (tested since 10.0) "-fs" parameter is ignored.
Is it some bug or something else is wrong?

XBMC now remembers what state is was last used in, and it opens the same way. This is remembered on a per profile basis i.e. different profiles may start XBMC in different states. The -fs switch was removed to stop it messing up the profile settings.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:XBMC now remembers what state is was last used in, and it opens the same way. This is remembered on a per profile basis i.e. different profiles may start XBMC in different states. The -fs switch was removed to stop it messing up the profile settings.
Some one should update wiki.
Is there are any way now to force XBMC start in fullscreen?
I really need it! From time to time when I configure XBMC on HTPC via RDP I forgot to switch it finally to fullscreen. So, after restart of the HTPC I get windowed XBMC. So I need to map one of the remote buttons to switch screen modes on XBMC (useless in any scenario except that one) or get keyboard every time just to press "\".
Karlson2k Wrote:Some one should update wiki.

Well, it is a wiki ...

Karlson2k Wrote:Is there are any way now to force XBMC start in fullscreen?

No, or at least no simple way. The window state is held in guisettings.xml so you could edit this file to set the startup state.

JR
guisettings.xml -> settings -> videoscreen -> screenmode -> WINDOW or DESKTOP
Right?

Looks like I have to create a small tool for it. Smile

Or could we put back "-fs" parameter?
Karlson2k Wrote:guisettings.xml -> settings -> videoscreen -> screenmode -> WINDOW or DESKTOP
Right?

Yes, that's it.

However, having got over my temporary brain fade I've remembered that it can be set in advancedsettings.xml. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...lscreen.3E for details. The only problem is that if you set it here you won't be able to start XBMC windowed, and presumably you need this for it to work over RDP.
JR
jhsrennie Wrote:However, having got over my temporary brain fade I've remembered that it can be set in advancedsettings.xml. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...lscreen.3E for details. The only problem is that if you set it here you won't be able to start XBMC windowed, and presumably you need this for it to work over RDP.
Brilliant! That's what I need!
I have no problem on switching to window mode every time when I use RDP connection - in that case I have convenient keyboard and monitor, so it's very easy just to press one button under the thumb. Smile
And now I have no need to use keyboard when using HTPC as HTPC. Smile

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Command line switches for XBMC0