Interactive TV-Guide (Python XMLTV)
since tv.guide 0.3 is the only download on the python scripts page, are there files in 0.1 or 0.2 that i need? looking through the code i see there are picture files but i do not have them of course. if anyone could lead me to a place to download these files it would be greatly appreciated.
hi all,

i'm very interested in the tv-guide possibilities and read this thread. i can't seem to find the script though; the download page at dwl.xboxmediacenter.de doesn't seem to work (maybe due to the outage of the site in febrary). am i the only one experiencing this problem or could someone tell me where else i can get the python script mentioned...?

thanks in advance, luciano.
i am trying to grab the listings for japan with the xmltv program from sourceforge. it says that japan is not currently supported in the build, but is in the source. anyone know how i complie the latest version from source? i have looked at the sourceforge site, but i can't figure it out.
(luciano @ mar. 07 2005,10:45 Wrote:hi all,

i'm very interested in the tv-guide possibilities and read this thread. i can't seem to find the script though; the download page at dwl.xboxmediacenter.de doesn't seem to work (maybe due to the outage of the site in febrary). am i the only one experiencing this problem or could someone tell me where else i can get the python script mentioned...?

thanks in advance, luciano.
i'm having the same problem since the old python page is down and xbmcscripts.com doesn't have the script yet...

can somebody provide us with a working link for this script? thnx
back after a long time.... hi!

anyone still interested in that old tvguid 0.3 script? dunno what happened to the script download site, for some reason it's not there anymore. i should be able to find it on my hd.
i think there is a download on a swedish site called psxcare.

i'm trying to get this script working under hd 720p i should be ready with this in a week or two
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
hello again,

nice to see some still giving this script a try.

sad they removed the script section :/

cheers
**update**

i just released a v0.4 of the script and i've written a little howto/tutorial to it also.

the script can be found at http://www.xbmcscripts.com
home / xbmc scripts / tv-guides (waiting for the admin to approve it...)

# version update 0.2: added ftp support and sorted channels
# version update 0.3: added url support and init. dialog
# version update 0.4: added how-to + hints, timeline, selected item, changed to pm3 skin and some bugfixes/improvements

feel free to modify and optimize it :-)

cheers and enjoy

/cruent
thanks for the updates!
cruent,
i'm just installed this and i must thank you... i've been waiting for this for a while!!!

a few comments and suggestions...

1) can you add smb share support so that we can specify a share where the listings.xml file will be and the script will just use it from that location, or auto-copy (cache) the file locally during each invocation of the script?
it would be easier for those that do not have a web/ftp server.

2) can you make the .py so it can reside within the 'tvguide' folder. this keeps the scripts fodler cleaner and easier to manage.

3) the white line for marking the current time is a bit odd. not sure what a good way to do it would be but the line is "out of place" from a look n' feel standpoint.

4) can you consider color coding the guide itself? a person in the homeseer forums built a script based on xmltv and used color coding of the programs guide... it made things easier to view and very nice looking to!
here's the pic showing this:

thanks again!!!Image
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
nice to see an update on this script. i can't wait to come home and test it Smile
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
a quick and dirty hack to make it sort channel listings correctly is to replace the line:

self.sortedchanlist.sort()

with:

self.sortedchanlist.sort(lambda x, y: cmp('%020s' % x.split()[0], '%020s' % y.split()[0]))

this basically takes the chanlist which is in the format, ['76 spike', '13 wgme'...] and splits on the space, then pads the channel number with blank spaces and does a string compare. obviously you need to set 'sorted = "true"' for that to have any effect Smile

also on a bog standard ntsc system these offsets seem to make it fit to the screen okay:

thexoffset = 40
theyoffset = 18

the ftpurl regex seems a bit broken and i didn't spend any time looking at it, i just hardcoded the values in, but might be worth some investigation.

mule.
my xmltv took a crap... all sorts of error now.

does it work for anyone today?

here's the junk i get...

Quote:fetching from datadirect: fetched 7 k/bytes in 6 seconds
##################################################
loading data: #################################################
warning: nerror parsing dd xml:

<insert bunch of crap here>

error: bad xml from dd, cannot continue
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
thanks a lot for the update mule, nice to see others dig into the problems and fix em Smile

i do not have a lot of sparetime, why i made a quick release and its not perfect :p

cheers
does anyone know where i can get a compiled version of xmltv that supports japanese tv? the version i get off sourceforge doesn't support it. it is in the source apparantly, but i don't know how to compile it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interactive TV-Guide (Python XMLTV)0