More readable subtitles - borders, shadows, and/or dark background?
Lightbulb 
I am trying to draw attention to Ticket #8018 which was opened by MateuszDraco. Thanks for your opinions.

MateuszDraco wrote:
Currently there is options to specify subtitles font family, type (weight / italic / normal) and size. It's working good but even if i choose some big size it's still very hard to read them on bright background. Of course sometimes subtitles are below screen and its not a problem but if there are more than one line problems starts to show up.

My feature request: allow user to change font's border or/and switch to visible, black background of subtitles' text. Many of movie players have such options.

Change History
Changed 9 months ago by frater ¶

Besides having these extra attributes on the font it would really be progress if the colour "White with a touch of yellow" could be introduced. Yellow is the best colour for visibility (yellow tennis balls) but the "signal yellow" which can be chosen (it's called yellow-green, but isn't this wrong?) is too intrusive. I'm always using this yellow.

I would rather use a yellow with a bit more white in it.
Changed 8 months ago by vdrfan ¶

* milestone changed from 10.05 to Future / Pending

Changed 3 weeks ago by zbyna ¶

Any kind of darker background would be appreaciated. Something like background of semitransparent info box (appears after pressing I)all over the screen width It is very well handled in Krkadoni Subtitle player (plugin for Enigma 2 based satelite receivers) http://www.krkadoni.com/log/wp-content/u...t226_2.jpg

"White with a touch of yellow" would be great too.
This option would be cool !!!
I'm waiting for that feature.
a) we have black border.
b) you can change the colour to yellow in settings.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I can't find "black border" settings in Confluence skin Sad

any help is appreciate

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More readable subtitles - borders, shadows, and/or dark background?0