• 5(current)
XBMC skin suite by wabidwoveren (XME)
the skin is almost finished, only have to tweak:

- the music info and album picture while playing
- the video box when playing a movie
- the video osd

but i have two questions:
1. since i tweaked 2 or 3 pictures to look better on 720p, can i still use the default skin folder or should i create a new seperate folder skin? (it is currently in mediacenter\720p so it is sharing the pictures with the mediacenter\pal folder.)

2. where should i place it when it is finished?
Smile 
well i finished the skin even without comment and feedback. Smile

i upload it to http://www.nightfalltech.com/upload/

hopefully it is of some use.
i'll pm one of the xme skinners and check it's ok to go into cvs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i've uploaded the 'wrong' skin, the one i uploaded contains the "my email" entry on the front page.

here is the home.xml without the "my email" support:
home.xml (zip)

and here is the correct full skin without the "my email" (also for you guys and girls who have hdtv and can't wait for this maybe to be implemented in cvs)
mediacenter skin for 720p

if you download it please give some comments (negative or positive) :d
aurora13,

i appreciate the work you've put into this skin. it's great to have one tailored for hdtv. there are quite a few hd xbmc user about - i'm surprised that you've not had more feedback.

to get things going:

navigation on home screen - i can't select settings and the focus doesn't appear to move to weather

i prefer the main body of the screen to start a little lower down - for instance on my videos my shares appear very close to the top of the screen.

i'm very impressed with the skin - i've never seen the osd and home page buttons correctly displayed in 720p before.

keep up the good work,

st
navigation on home screen:
i removed my email so i must have done something wrong. i will look into this matter asap.

i like to have use of most of the screen, this way with big icons there can be 4 rows on the screen. and it is not that close, probably your tv has more overscan than mine does?

make a screenshot (left thumbstick button) and load it on your pc. you will see there is more space than on your tv.
aurora13,thanks for your good work,finally we 720p user have a normal skin.except that i cant highlight "setting" button,everything just look fine to me ,and would you kind enough to pack your skin to textures.xpr-like file,that would make xbmc run faster.

and i think you should ask someone to move this post to general discussion to get more feedback.
oke i'm almost certain i found the bug, but i can't test it because i'm at work. (yes i was bored :d)

will test it for sure tonight, but just unzip and copy over the home.xml in the 720p folder of the skin on your xbox and it should be working flawlessly now.

and here is the full (corrected) skin, which you only need if you didn't download it before:
mediacenter skin for 720p

@beenn
i did pack it into a textures.xpr, but then it doensn't display any picture, only text which you even can't select. i only changed 3 of the pictures to make it look better, so i think one of them is causing this behavior.

i will look into this tonight and/or maybe some dev knows something about this textures.xpr issue?

and can someone indeed move this thread to the general discussion?
(aurora13 @ april 29 2004,07:57 Wrote:and can someone indeed move this thread to the general discussion?
whats wrong with this place?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
well i like it here :d, but maybe it gets more attention if it's moved to general. Smile
aurora13,

the new home page has fixed the problem just fine. i've shifted things down a few lines in the gui calibration screen to allow for the slight cropping i get on my plasma.

i noticed that the "interlace" option is missing from the video settings - although the tick box is there.

still looking great!

st
aurora13:

i'll look at adding this into cvs. before i do, though please answer the following:

1. which graphics have changed? (ie which have been altered, which are new etc. etc.?)

2. have you changed any of the .xml files in the pal/ subdirectory of the skin?

3. which of the files in the 720p directory have actually been changed from their pal counterparts?

4. it sounds as though you are pushing the limit of the overscan areas on some tv's. do you mind checking that you're not getting too close to the edges? note that i don't have an hdtv, so i can't check any of this myself.

that should do it, i think.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

1. in the latest version i changed the skin to work with all the default pictures, except for the home-topbar.png. so i just changed only one picture.

2. nope didn't change any, just made a copy to the 720p folder and changed only those files.

3. the most of them except the following:
- dialogfilestacking.xml
- dialoginvite.xml
- dialogkeyboard.xml
- dialogok.xml
- dialogprogress.xml
- dialogyesno.xml
- font.xml
- musicvisualisation.xml
- slideshow.xml

4. hmm well i thought my plasma had big overscan (1180 x 690 or so) so even with the overscan in mind i keep some space around the edges. so hopefully it will fit correctly one most hdtv, because it is a lot of work to redesign. (like the big icons it fits perfectly with 4 rows, if i must use more space around the edges it will go to 3 rows)

hopefully you have enough info, otherwise ask! Smile

@shotgun ted
i will look into the interlace 'issue', where is it exactly located?
1, 2, 4: that's fine.

3: ok. so you changed a lot of the .xml files. that's ok if they really needed it. the only thing i am worried about is that this means that whenever a skin change occurs, there is more and more work needed to keep it up to date.

assuming it is ready to go now, i'm happy to add it to cvs so that others can enjoy it out of the box. will do this likely sometime in the next 2 days. let me know here if you update anything before i submit it to cvs.

added to cvs.  please check.

textures.xpr now includes the new home-topbar.png.

let me know if there's something not right.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC skin suite by wabidwoveren (XME)0