• 6(current)
XBMC skin suite by wabidwoveren (XME)
just to clarify: settings - my videos - deinterlace label is missing.

st
are you using the latest cvs?

because it isn't located under:
settings - my videos

but under:
settings - my videos - filters

and it is there as you can see on the pictures.
@jmarshall
unfortunately it is needed to change almost every xml file, so that it uses the maximum of the 720p resolution. i changed the myweather.xml, which had 2 text line up errors. so if you put that in the 720p folder, it is definitely good to go.

since i started making this skin it changed 2 or 3 times in cvs and it was easily adjustable for me. so if there is a change in the skin and you let me know what has been changed, i will make sure that it is changed for the 720p. let me know what you think about it or if you have a better suggestion.
hi,guys.

would you tel me what files i need from cvs,to replace my current build's files to get the 720p skin?i don't have the environment to compile xbmc.

thanks.
aurora13,

i'm using a cvs from 23/4. i haven't been able to locate a later one - not much into compiling.

you links have shown me that it's actually the "upsample videos to gui resolution" label that i'm missing.

i assume it's because my build is old.

st
24-04-2004 added: new option in my videos for upsampling videos to gui resolution[i]

so indeed in your cvs it wasn't there yet, you compiled it one day too early Image  Image
hey,, i plan on making a change to xme sometime once skinners get dev access. it should remove the need for a sepate top bar Smile

thank you for doing this, saved shadow_mx and i a lot of work, we really appreaciate it.
Thumbs Up 
you are welcome, it was the least i could do since i love xbmc so much. keep up the good work guys!
wonderful job on the skin aurora13!

if you want to make it perfect, i found something small.  when you fast forward and rewind, the 2x, 4x, etc. blue circle is partially off the screen.  

just a heads up!  great work, now if you could make one for 1080i! Image
if u use 1080i you should really consider just sticking with 720p, its a couple less pixels but the quality is better, and it has no flickering.

also shouldnt a 16/9 skin auto bump up to 1080 perfectly, it shouldnt be easy to do.

in xbmc it takes all coordinates and multiplies all coordinates by 1.5. that is the difference between 720 and 1080. (1920/1280, or 1080/720 both come up to 1.5)
that would work if you set the <defaultwideresolution> tag in skin.xml to 720p.

hmmm. perhaps this idea of <defaultresolution> stuff needs to be extended somewhat?? i'm thinking something like this:

1080i -> 720p -> defaultwidescreen -> default
720p -> defaultwidescreen -> default
ntsc16x9 -> defaultwidescreen -> default
ntsc -> default
pal16x9 -> defaultwidescreen -> default
pal -> default

obviously 480p will be treated the same as the ntsc modes.

currently i think all the above is happening except the extra 720p step in the 1080i case.

let us know what you think.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

totally agree with wabidwoveren: progressive is way better than interlaced even if interlaced is a higer resolution.

@Bloodsent
i thought my plasma tv had a big overscan (1216 x 688 instead of 1280 x 720) so i made the pause, 2x, 4x, etc button to perfectly fit in the corner om my tv. but it look likes most of the tvs have a big overscan. what are your video calibration coordinates? so i can see what your overscan is, mine are for the upper-left corner (32, 18) and the lower-right (32,18). (if you like to change the buttons yourself, the coordinates for the buttons are in 720p/videofullscreen.xml)
aurora13: hi, finally got the chance to try out your 720p skin with the 30/4 build. it seems to work very well on my hdtv but i have some feedback. the text in the sub-settings screens seems a bit small and spaced apart. maybe a touch larger if possible. also, in weather, the four days shown with their icons are very small and also a tad over-spaced. it is possible to make them larger?. adding an extra day is probably not practical but would fit.

oh and thanks for getting those page counters in the right place!. that's an annoying bug that's been with xbmc for a while.

if it helps, the overscan settings for my sony hdtv are (upper-left corner) 29,17 and (lower-right corner) 32,15.

i wonder if you could work your magic on the xbox media player skin - as that is my skin of choice.
@jmarshall
i forgot to update the imdb screen, so now it uses 720p correctly. grab it here.
and i updated myweather.xml to look a little better.

@anomally
the text in the sub-settings screens seems a bit small and spaced apart.
well it looks oke to me, what do you mean with 'spaced apart'?

about my weather i made the fonts bigger and moved the days so it looks a little better. (check here) if you like it and can't wait until it is in cvs grab it above (myweather.xml)

as for more days, we have to ask the maker of my weather.
will update.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC skin suite by wabidwoveren (XME)0